Let's talk beer...

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I never had Asahi but is it like Sapporo (another favorite)?

Similar. I like Sapporo, too.

Ever try Chinese Tsing Tao?

Yeah, I'm not a fan.

Shiner is the shiznizzle. When I was in high school, all you could get in Houston was the lager. It was cheap and not very tasty. Then in college they started pushing the bock and it changed everyone's view of the brewery. Now you can get it in 41 states, but back then it was our little secret.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
When I'm enjoying beer for the flavor, it's Fat Tire for me all the way! When I'm getting hammered, any domestic light beer will do. I usually reach for the Natural Light, since it's cheap. Light beers pretty much taste the same to me.

beers_ft_0.png

Named in honor of our founder Jeff's bike trip through Belgium, Fat Tire Amber Ale marks a turning point in the young electrical engineer's home brewing. Belgian beers use a far broader palette of ingredients (fruits, spices, esoteric yeast strains) than German or English styles. Jeff found the Belgian approach freeing. Upon his return, Jeff created Fat Tire and Abbey Belgian Ale, (assuming Abbey would be his big gun). He and his wife, Kim traveled around sampling their homebrews to the public. Fat Tire's appeal quickly became evident. People liked everything about it. Except the name. Fat Tire won fans with its sense of balance: toasty, biscuit-like malt flavors coasting in equilibrium with hoppy freshness.

Fat Tire | New Belgium

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Just curious, if you don't mind saying, where'd you go to high school?

Ahh, a beer thread bringing folks closer since 2009. :wave:

When I was stationed in Korea I used to drink OB :)right:) and Cass :)

WTF is OB and Cass? Army beer or Korean beer?

I haven't had a Sam Adams in a while. Now, I have a "project" this weekend!!!

Which brew is your favorite? I have to ask since they have so many varieties.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Good thread!

To keep things simple when I'm at the bar or a ballgame, I'll often cop out and get a Bud Light. My beer guy (Dave) at the Mud Hens games knows me by name, and knows what I mean when I ask for a "diet." (Tip them well and they will come looking for you.) I drink a lot Blue Moon at the bar too, it's a good production beer and easy to find.

When I can have what I want I'll go for:

Franziskaner
franziskaner_logo.jpg

Chimay
chimay.jpg

(the white label is my favorite, but I'll drink any of it.) Those Belgian monks can brew!

Hoegaarden
hoegaarden.jpg

I have a little Hoe in my fridge right now.

For a desert beer? Special night with the lady and a great dinner? Try
Kriek Raspberry Lambic with a chocolate soufflé.
belgin-lambic.jpg

I'll have a home-brew or four from time to time too.

I'll give just about anything a try. I like the Shiner but it doesn't seem to taste as fresh up here. Guinness is good, but two is my limit. It fills me up pretty quickly.

When in doubt. Trust a monk.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
When I'm enjoying beer for the flavor, it's Fat Tire for me all the way! When I'm getting hammered, any domestic light beer will do. I usually reach for the Natural Light, since it's cheap. Light beers pretty much taste the same to me.

beers_ft_0.png

Named in honor of our founder Jeff's bike trip through Belgium, Fat Tire Amber Ale marks a turning point in the young electrical engineer's home brewing. Belgian beers use a far broader palette of ingredients (fruits, spices, esoteric yeast strains) than German or English styles. Jeff found the Belgian approach freeing. Upon his return, Jeff created Fat Tire and Abbey Belgian Ale, (assuming Abbey would be his big gun). He and his wife, Kim traveled around sampling their homebrews to the public. Fat Tire's appeal quickly became evident. People liked everything about it. Except the name. Fat Tire won fans with its sense of balance: toasty, biscuit-like malt flavors coasting in equilibrium with hoppy freshness.

Fat Tire | New Belgium

Great call! I can't believe I forgot the Fat Tire! A buddy used to ship it to me since we couldn't get it here. But I just found a beer store (scratch that) Beer Mecca, that carries New Belgian. Last time I was in, there were out of the Fat Tire.

Now I have to go back. . . . . thanks blyon. . . . :rolleyes:. . . . . . .:bigthumbup:

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Hoegaarden
hoegaarden.jpg

I have a little Hoe in my fridge right now.

My local po'dunk bar just got Hoegaarten in stock. I had about 2 of 'em. Not sure I could down much more than that. Not because it's a bad beer, but it's very strong for me.

Nice with dinner though.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Sam Adams light, Becks Light are what I be drinking on. Light to keep the belly away.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I dig the Sam Adams Oktoberfest. Just right for the time of year.

Sam Adams Oktoberfest and Boston Lager are my favorites. Sam Light is pretty good as well. I'll also do Fat Tire or Heineken if I'm in a drinking mood. And I can't forget about Pacifico when I'm in the mood for a fiesta or need a chaser for a shot of tequila. I can't do the really dark stuff like Guinness or Newcastle. Some of my family drink Coors Lite and Bud Lite. I don't see how they can even call that crap "beer".

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
....sucking down some Yuengling Premium light right now...

delicious.