Let's Talk About Animals

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
It’s a tough choice. A 16 year old dog may be stressed at the change of scenery. The stress at that age could be bad.

If it was me I would work it in slowly. Using scotch’s place as an alternate safe space and slowly working her into the new place. But this will require work.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
It’s a tough choice. A 16 year old dog may be stressed at the change of scenery. The stress at that age could be bad.

If it was me I would work it in slowly. Using scotch’s place as an alternate safe space and slowly working her into the new place. But this will require work.
This is something to consider, but in this particular case, the husband simply doesn't want dog fur in the new house (which is 2 hours from us, so we'd be out of the picture anyway).

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Cats are A-Holes.

Athena would agree. She is sweet when she damn well chooses to be. I kinda dig that.
I had the privilege of accompanying Mrs Scotch on an evening walk of the a-hole schnauzer. Here's photographic proof.
View attachment 5912

I like your sexy shoes. Why did you make the Mrs. take the pic? Haha.

That guy does look like an old man though. Have you guys thought about offering to just keep him? I know it's an imposition but it seems like the dick husband would be happy to let you have him and if he has any sort of quality life left in him it would be a shame to put him down.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I like your sexy shoes. Why did you make the Mrs. take the pic? Haha.
Those are limited edition tie-dye Merrills. I choked when I saw the price, but she's earning it.
That guy does look like an old man though. Have you guys thought about offering to just keep him? I know it's an imposition but it seems like the dick husband would be happy to let you have him and if he has any sort of quality life left in him it would be a shame to put him down.
We discussed that. It was actually the plan at one point, and they'd pay medical costs. But now it seems like it's painful for her to get around, so it might just be time.

Reactions: JHDK

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
That is a better reason than not wanting dog hair in the new home.

It’s a tough call. We are in a similar boat with our older schnauzer. But he is still able to run and seems to generally enjoy life so a little pain is not at that threshold yet.

Reactions: JHDK

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
This story isn't as weird as the headline makes it seem. Iguanas sleep in trees and when temperatures drop to the low 40s they become dormant and then....."Hey, it's raining iguanas!"

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This story isn't as weird as the headline makes it seem. Iguanas sleep in trees and when temperatures drop to the low 40s they become dormant and then....."Hey, it's raining iguanas!"

Ha! I know I've posted about that somewhere around here before. Poor little guys, it's chilly out there.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Found it! From the Fourth of July last year:

Another cool iguana fact I just remembered...During the few winter days when it gets kinda chilly down here in like the 40's or upper 30's they climb into trees to keep warm. If it gets too cold their cool little cold blooded bodies shut down and they fall out of the trees and lie motionless on the ground like they're dead...but they are not dead. After a couple minutes or if you touch it a little it will snap out of its stasis and go back about it's iguana business.

It's really cool to see. When I first saw it I was really freaked out when they would pop back to life after appearing totally dead.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Guys, big news! I'm not sure if you've heard but the internet is filled with cool cat videos!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Look, you all know I love Athena and she is the only female who has stuck with me for the past ten years and I will be with that cat till she dies hopefully a peaceful death like my last cat Tom. Even if I wind up homeless and living in my car, Athena will be in that RAV with me. Also, besides me, she is the only one who has lived with Hendrik who is still living.

That said, I used to make a joke with my dad...and you all know I have a dark sense of humor...sometimes I would ask my dad things like "I wonder what Athena/Tom would taste like?" and "I bet his/her pelt would make a good pair of gloves".

She just knocked over a glass of water and made a big mess I had to clean up. Times like these I bet she would make a good, small throw rug.

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
You are telling me a cat knocked something over? Next thing you will be saying is it was on purpose. I can’t believe this. No cat would ever do that.

• Haha
Reactions: HecticArt and JHDK

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
You are telling me a cat knocked something over? Next thing you will be saying is it was on purpose. I can’t believe this. No cat would ever do that.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Cats are a-holes. *
JHDK, you say Athena would make a small throw rug. I'm skeptical. I have met very few cats who are skilled at weaving, sewing and crocheting.
OK. That makes up for a couple of your past indiscretions. I actually LOL’ed from that one.......Maybe I need more sleep......