Let's Talk About Animals

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Little Athena is the best. Even though she's a super bitch who scratches me and abuses me I love her. I like how she's my super bitch. Her wild side makes me thinks she's got a little lion in her.

Anyway, I'm posting this cause I was thinking about how I like how as a female cat she has this belly flap. She's been spayed since she was like 1 but that flap is still there. It's where a litter of kittens would go and IDK, I think that's neat. I like to pet her belly and yell, "Cat belly! The best part of the cat!"

I know, I'm a weirdo.

Here is a pic of my 2 true loves. Athena and the Eagles. I think I may have posted this before.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
She looks like she will eat you if you die in your sleep.

She also looks like she will lay on you face and smother you in your sleep with her belly flap while you sleep....

BELLY FLAP!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
She looks like she will eat you if you die in your sleep.

She also looks like she will lay on you face and smother you in your sleep with her belly flap while you sleep....

BELLY FLAP!!!!
I hope she'd eat me if I die. I always leave out a bunch of food for her but without me she'd be fucked. I actually worry about that sometimes. When I leave I think how long could she survive if I got in a major crash or something. My corpse would serve as a few months worth of food.

Oh and usually having a sexy lady lay on my face is something I'm completely in favor of...but it has to be a human lady.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Not sure if I've discussed our cats before, but this seems like a good time and place. Here they are

cats.jpg

The plain-looking brown-gray tabby in front is Jayne, as in Jane Doe. Mrs Scotch went to the rescue to pickup a Maine coon cat mix, which was shown on their website. But they gave her this one, and they kind-of asserted that it was the one she saw online. Not wanting to leave it abandoned, she took her home. Apparently there was a cat named Lily, and another cat named Tiger Lily. We were given a cat that we knew nothing about, so we started calling her Jane Doe, and eventually made it Jayne T. Kitty. The "T" stands for "the".

We sarcastically call her "Jayne the pretty kitty", but she's really a good cat, and she's actually very pretty, with her symmetrical markings. My daughter took this
1582573011256.png

The other cat is a male longhair Calico named Nico Rosberg, after the (now retired) F1 world champion of the same name. Nico is annoyingly pushy and needy and overly affectionate. He is also afraid of everything.

It's interesting to see the cats' behavior when we board dogs. The cats can sense whether the dog is aggressive or passive towards them. Typically we keep the cats upstairs when we have a guest dog, but sometimes the cats will come down if they know that the dog doesn't care.

• Love
Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
What about your roommates?
Athena stays in my room. I sometimes feel guilty that her whole life is one small room but I ease that by thinking there must be people in Tokyo or Manhattan who keep cats in very small apartments. And I treat that cat really well. She has a good life. Now I wish she would show a little appreciation every now and then. She sometimes jumps in bed with me and that makes me happy.

Not sure if I've discussed our cats before, but this seems like a good time and place. Here they are

View attachment 6028

The plain-looking brown-gray tabby in front is Jayne, as in Jane Doe. Mrs Scotch went to the rescue to pickup a Maine coon cat mix, which was shown on their website. But they gave her this one, and they kind-of asserted that it was the one she saw online. Not wanting to leave it abandoned, she took her home. Apparently there was a cat named Lily, and another cat named Tiger Lily. We were given a cat that we knew nothing about, so we started calling her Jane Doe, and eventually made it Jayne T. Kitty. The "T" stands for "the".

We sarcastically call her "Jayne the pretty kitty", but she's really a good cat, and she's actually very pretty, with her symmetrical markings. My daughter took this
View attachment 6029

The other cat is a male longhair Calico named Nico Rosberg, after the (now retired) F1 world champion of the same name. Nico is annoyingly pushy and needy and overly affectionate. He is also afraid of everything.

It's interesting to see the cats' behavior when we board dogs. The cats can sense whether the dog is aggressive or passive towards them. Typically we keep the cats upstairs when we have a guest dog, but sometimes the cats will come down if they know that the dog doesn't care.
Your tabby looks like my last cat Tom. And like your wife, my mom gave him a clever name like Tom because he was a tomcat.

That black and white pic is really nice.

My parents had a manx calico cat named Mollie before I was born. I grew up with that cat, and another named Rika (another clever mom name since my dad was Hendrik, so hend-RIKA) They were good cats. Mollie was retarded. Seriously. The story went that she ate some lawn pesticide. She would walk around in circles all the time and she was always angry. I guess I'd be pissed too if I was mental.

Is it true that all calicos are girls? I think I heard that somewhere.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

So apparently dog ownership is more common in the Southern states and cat ownership is more common in the Northern states. Now I'm curious why that is...
I think it's a combination of square footage and redneck-to-metrosexual ratio. So, roughly, it's Dog/Cat = (Rn/Ms) x (Living Space/1,000 sq-ft).

Reactions: Aaron

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Her brother said he would do this. She thought he was joking. He wasn't. What is especially cute is that the llama caught the bouquet.......and then ate it.

A man brought a llama to his sister's wedding, delighting just about everyone but the bride

1583289604226.png

Reactions: Aaron

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
A newborn panda weighs between 90 and 130 grams and is only 1/900th the size of its mother. Because of their small size, newborn pandas are very fragile and have a high risk of disease and death. It appears this one, however, will survive:

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
This dog runs into flames to rescue koalas. He's my new hero.

Australia Fires: Rescue dog Bear saves scores of koalas
An Australian Koolie dog who was abandoned by his family has been rescued and retrained to detect
koalas. Bear has been following the aftermath of Australia's bushfires since January, finding sick,
injured or starving koalas that otherwise would have perished. He has now rescued more than 100.

www.bbc.com/news/av/world-australia-52643540/australia-fires-rescue-dog-bear-saves-scores-of-koalas

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
you guys ever do farm stuff? i milked a cow once and then drank the milk and it was gross and warm. pasteurization is definitely for the best. oh and skim milk is best. how do smart people get the fat out of milk? i guess they boil it down in the aforementioned pasteurization process?

also aforementioned is a cool word. i thought it was 3 different words before windows fixed it for me.