lets go braves

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Too bad you did not get Griffey. You will have better defense in the outfield though. It would be cool to see you win over the Phillies and Mets. They seem to think they are TOP DOGS right now. Good luck. :bigthumbup:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
The Braves signed Garret Anderson to a one year deal today.

I can't see them giving much competition to Philly or New York in the NL East. I'll be interested to see how well Kenshin Kawakami pitches for them though.

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
As a Braves fan, I can say that while I don't think the team will lose 90 games again this year, it is doubtful they will make the playoffs. There's just not enough offense, and some of the pitching is still a question mark. Garrett Anderson was a great signing, though, as was Derek Lowe. But the Braves are likely destined to finish third in the NL East. But hope springs eternal at the start of every new season, and it is always interesting to watch the players new to the team and see how they are going to do. I will, however, predict that Jeff Francouer will have a bounce-back season with the bat, and he'll have to for this team to have any shot at the postseason.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
They don't look that bad, but they did blow a 10-3 lead a few days ago to lose 12-11...:shock:

I won't mind seeing the Braves win the East this year. Hopefully they will...:)

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
The Braves have proven to be a completely average team that will definitely miss the playoffs. More offense is needed- for example, Casey Kotchman is simply not the answer at first base- he has zero power.