dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Who's going to win this one?

Last years winner - Kurt Busch

Most Wins - Jeff Burton

Most Poles - Ryan Newman

Most Lead Changes - 23 / twice, most recently 7/21/2002

Fewest lead Changes - 1 - 9/17/2000 - And that's only because he started second. Does anyone remember that race an who one? Wow, what a nail biter that was. Does anyone remember why this race was unique?

Four drivers have competed in all 27 races. Do you know who they were? If you're to lazy to search then highlight for the answer > Jeff Burton, Jeff Gordon, Bobby Labonte and Joe Nemechek <

Jimmie Johnson (2003) and Kurt Busch (2004) are the only drivers that have posted season sweeps. Those are also the only back-to-back winners.

Roush Fenway Racing has won seven races, more than any other organization.

Most Wins by Manufacturer: 12 - Chevy

There has been one postponed/rescheduled race at New Hampshire. The 2001 fall race was run as the season finale in November, after being rescheduled following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

There have been seven different race winners in the past seven New Hampshire races.

My pick - Jimmie Johnson - but let's hope not. Did I type that out loud? :scratch:

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
Fewest lead Changes - 1 - 9/17/2000 - And that's only because he started second. Does anyone remember that race an who one? Wow, what a nail biter that was. Does anyone remember why this race was unique?

Yeah I do, that was the year they thought restrictor plates was a good idea and Jeff Burton led wire to wire.

Newman gets his first win for SHR this weekend.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Yeah I do, that was the year they thought restrictor plates was a good idea and Jeff Burton led wire to wire.

I think that was NASCAR's quick decision in response to the deaths of Adam Petty & Kenny Irwin, Jr. that prompted the plate there. That and the 'kill switch' on the steering wheel.

linkster

Oct 15, 2008
Arlington, MA
Hmmm, I am hoping that Elliot Saddler does well. I also hope that Tommy Baldwin does not park his car with a mysterious vibration only 40 laps in like at Pocono. (I am a Carpentier fan first)

I am going to be at this race so what I hoping for most of all is nice weather!

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
If I remember right, the only thing that was making that race interesting was the amount of cautions in the later half of the race. It bunched up the field a little. Then it ended up finishing up under caution.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
And yes, I do hope this is not the case...:right:

Jimmie Johnson 1
Kyle Busch 2
Tony Stewart 3
Mark Martin 4
Ryan Newman 5
Kasey Kahne 6
Matt Kenseth 7
Carl Edwards 8
Clint Bowyer 9
Kurt Busch 10
Jamie McMurray 11
Denny Hamlin 12

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I like Tony but I don't understand why he gets to move to a backup car and still start on the front row. I know that they say it is because qualifying was rained out but he still had put that car on the track before qualifying was to take place. And yes, I know that they put the original engine in the backup car. :scratch:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Anybody but...........Jimmie Johnson. :p

I like Tony but I don't understand why he gets to move to a backup car and still start on the front row. And yes, I know that they put the original engine in the backup car.

Apparently that's the rule from what I've heard.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I haven't bothered to do any research but I can't remember an instance of this before. This must be pretty unique. Every time that I've heard of someone pulling out the backup car, they always have been moved to the rear of the field.

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
From the way it was explained on Speed, If you put the original engine and tranny that you started with in the car and present it for inspection BEFORE scheduled qualifying start time then you do not have to go to the rear of the field

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
I guess just another one of those questionable rules that leave fans scratching their heads..lol

No seriously I don't care it's probably just a thing of no one until now has ever done it so we have never had any knowledge of this rule until now.. Orrrrrrrr it is one of the last minute rules Nascar throws into the mix of things..lol

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Here is Nascar.coms Lap by Lap play of the race so far.

Lap 182 -- YELLOW FLAG NO. 9: Joey Logano loses a tire and spills debris all over the track before he spins. Michael Waltrip gets the free pass.

Lap 181 -- Ryan Newman hits the wall hard but is able to keep going.

Lap 180 -- GREEN FLAG: Jeff Gordon brings the field to the green.
1. Jeff Gordon
2. Kurt Busch
3. Tony Stewart
4. Jimmie Johnson
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Lap 177 -- Pit road is open but none of the leaders stop. Ryan Newman, Joey Logano and David Reutimann among those to pit.

Lap 175 -- YELLOW FLAG: The track has been cleared and the cars are back rolling.

Lap 175 -- RED FLAG: The race has been stopped to clean up the track.

Lap 175 -- YELLOW FLAG NO. 8: Martin Truex Jr. spins on the restart after contact with Kyle Busch collecting a bunch of cars. Jamie McMurray, Kevin Harvick, Jeff Burton, Casey Mears, David Reutimann, Brian Vickers and David Ragan all involved. David Stremme gets the free pass.

Lap 174 -- GREEN FLAG: Jeff Gordon brings the field to the green.
1. Jeff Gordon
2. Kurt Busch
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
4. Tony Stewart
5. Martin Truex Jr.

Lap 171 -- Matt Kenseth in 17th is the highest-running car to pit.

Lap 169 -- YELLOW FLAG NO. 7: Paul Menard hits the wall in Turn 3 after his left-front tire locks up bringing out the caution. Joey Logano gets the free pass.

Lap 164 -- Jimmie Johnson gets loose and Tony Stewart and Martin Truex Jr. pass him for fourth and fifth.

Lap 162 -- Drivers are reporting rain in Turn 2 but officials say the track looks fine.

Lap 160 -- Jeff Gordon and Kurt Busch bump while racing for the lead allowing Dale Earnhardt Jr. to slide up on the inside.

Lap 159 -- Jeff Gordon, Kurt Busch and Jimmie Johnson get three-wide for hte lead. Gordon maintains the lead.

Lap 158 -- GREEN FLAG: Jeff Gordon brings the field to the green.
1. Jeff Gordon
2. Kurt Busch
3. Jimmie Johnson
4. Tony Stewart
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Lap 155 -- Ten cars are taking advantage of the wave-around rule including Michael Waltrip, Marcos Ambrose, Elliott Sadler, Robby Gordon, Bobby Labonte, Scott Speed, Regan Smith, Brad Keselowski, David Ragan and John Andretti.

Lap 153 -- LEAD CHANGE: Jeff Gordon takes the lead on pit road with Jimmie Johnson's stall at the beginning of pit road.
• Jeff Gordon with two tires
• Jimmie Johnson with two tires
• Tony Stewart with two tires
• Kurt Busch with two tires

Lap 152 -- YELLOW FLAG NO. 6: Debris in Turn 2 brings out the caution. Ryan Newman gets the free pass.

Lap 146 -- Kyle Busch continues to slip as Jeff Burton passes him for eighth.

Lap 144 -- Mark Martin passes Kyle Busch for seventh.

Lap 142 -- Joey Logano goes a lap down. Twenty-three cars are on the lead lap.

Lap 137 -- The top five after green-flag stops:
1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Kurt Busch
4. Tony Stewart
5. Kasey Kahne

Lap 134 -- David Ragan and Elliott Sadler back on pit road.

Lap 133 -- LEAD CHANGE: Robby Gordon pits giving the lead to Jimmie Johnson and completing this round of green-flag pit stops.

Lap 132 -- LEAD CHANGE: Reed Sorenson pits giving the lead to Robby Gordon.

Lap 131 -- LEAD CHANGE: Reed Sorenson gets the lead when Denny Hamlin pits.

Lap 130 -- LEAD CHANGE: Juan Montoya pits giving the lead to Denny Hamlin. Four tires and a chassis adjustment for Montoya.

Lap 128 -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Mark Martin pass Juan Montoya to get back on the lead lap. Greg Biffle on pit road for his stop. Biffle with an air pressure adjustment.

Lap 126 -- Kasey Kahne passes leader Juan Montoya to get back on the lead lap.

Lap 123 -- LEAD CHANGE: Juan Montoya gets the lead when Jimmie Johnson pits. Jeff Gordon, Kurt Busch and Dale Earnhardt Jr. also pit.

Lap 122 -- Tony Stewart and Clint Bowyer on pit road. Stewart with a four-tire stop and a wedge and track bar adjustment.

Lap 120 -- Kyle Busch pits and will take for tires and a wedge adjustment. Kasey Kahne also pits for four tires and a wedge adjustment.

Lap 119 -- Matt Kenseth on pit road for a track bar adjustment and four tires.

Lap 117 -- Martin Truex Jr. on pit road beginning the green-flag pit stops. Truex with four tires and an adjustment.

Lap 114 -- Martin Truex Jr. is down to 12th as Juan Montoya passes him.

Lap 111 -- David Stremme goes a lap down. Paul Menard is next on the list.

Lap 108 -- Brad Keselowski and David Ragan go a lap down.

Lap 107 -- Carl Edwards has worked his way up to 14th.

Lap 101 -- If the race stays green, the leaders will have to make some green-flag stops. Juan Montoya, in 12th, pitted on Lap 61 giving him 15 extra laps before he will have to pit.

Lap 100 -- Lap traffic has wiped out Jimmie Johnson's lead as Jeff Gordon trails by just 0.5 seconds.

Lap 97 -- A.J. Allmendinger is back on the track scored 34 laps down.

Lap 91 -- Jimmie Johnson is closing on the tail end of the field and will begin lapping cars soon. He leads by 2.1 seconds.

Lap 89 -- Greg Biffle is down to 24th after running as high as second.

Lap 85 -- David Stremme gets extremely loose but is able to save it. Jeff Burton has worked his way up to 11th.

Lap 83 -- David Reutimann is challenging Martin Truex Jr. for ninth. Dale Earnhardt Jr. putting pressure on Mark Martin for sixth.

Lap 75 -- Jamie McMurray is back in the race scored 28 laps down.

Lap 74 -- Carl Edwards, Ryan Newman and Denny Hamlin are still looking for the right handling as they run 17th, 18th and 19th.

Lap 72 -- Matt Kenseth passes Clint Bowyer for 10th.

Lap 68 -- Joe Nemechek takes his car to the garage.

Lap 65 -- Tony Stewart comes hard on the inside to move to fourth and is challenging Kyle Busch for third.

Lap 64 -- A.J. Allmendinger takes his No. 44 Dodge to the garage.

Lap 63 -- GREEN FLAG: Jimmie Johnson brings the field to the green.
1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Kyle Busch
4. Kurt Busch
5. Mark Martin

Lap 61 -- Greg Biffle in eighth is the first car to pit. Sixteen cars in all pit.

Lap 60 -- YELLOW FLAG NO. 5: Elliott Sadler, Michael Waltrip, Scott Speed and Robby Gordon get together with Waltrip hitting the wall. No free pass is given.

Lap 59 -- Jimmie Johnson has opened up a 1.4-second lead.

Lap 57 -- Martin Truex Jr. has worked his way up to ninth after starting 22nd.

Lap 56 -- Kurt Busch passes Mark Martin for fourth. Dale Earnhardt Jr. is up to eighth.

Lap 55 -- Jamie McMurray takes his No. 26 Ford to the garage. David Gilliland also takes his car to the garage.

Lap 53 -- Greg Biffle hits the wall hard in Turn 4 but keeps his car going.

Lap 52 -- Jamie McMurray back on pit road for an extended stop for repairs.

Lap 50 -- LEAD CHANGE: Jimmie Johnson pulls away on the outside and takes the lead.

Lap 49 -- GREEN FLAG/LEAD CHANGE: Jeff Gordon brings the field to the green.
1. Jeff Gordon
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Kyle Busch
4. Greg Biffle
5. Mark Martin

Lap 48 -- LEAD CHANGE: David Gilliland stays out and earns five important bonus points while Elliott Sadler, Joe Nemechek and John Andretti pit.

Lap 47 -- LEAD CHANGE: Elliott Sadler, Joe Nemechek, David Gilliland and John Andretti stay out while everyone else hits pit road. Sadler credited with the lead.
• Jimmie Johnson with two tires and a track bar adjustment
• Kurt Busch with two tires
• Jeff Gordon with two tires
• Carl Edwards with a four-tire stop

Lap 46 -- YELLOW FLAG NO. 4: The competition caution is out and the field slows. No free pass is given.

Lap 44 -- Jimmie Johnson has moved up to fifth. Mark Martin up to ninth.

Lap 41 -- David Reutimann passes Ryan Newman for eighth.

Lap 37 -- The top-seven are running single-file with space between each one of them.

Lap 34 -- Jimmie Johnson down to seventh on the restart. Kyle Busch has moved up to fourth.

Lap 33 -- Dave Blaney and Tony Raines take their cars to the garage.

Lap 32 -- LEAD CHANGE: Kurt Busch gets a great start on the outside and takes the lead.

Lap 31 -- GREEN FLAG: Jeff Gordon brings the field to the green.
1. Jeff Gordon
2. Kurt Busch
3. Jimmie Johnson
4. Carl Edwards
5. Greg Biffle

Lap 30 -- The competition caution has now been moved to Lap 45.

Lap 29 -- Kevin Harvick, Scott Speed, David Gilliland, Jamie McMurray and A.J. Allmendinger the cars to pit.

Lap 27 -- YELLOW FLAG NO. 3: A.J. Allmendinger spins around bringing out the caution. Jamie McMurray gets the free pass.

Lap 25 -- GREEN FLAG: Jeff Gordon brings the field to the green.
1. Jeff Gordon
2. Kurt Busch
3. Greg Biffle
4. Jimmie Johnson
5. Carl Edwards

Lap 23 -- Denny Hamlin, Elliott Sadler, Robby Gordon and A.J. Allmendinger among the handful of cars to pit. Hamlin's crew pull a spring rubber.

Lap 21 -- YELLOW FLAG NO. 2: Jamie McMurray gets bumped by Kevin Harvick in Turn 4 and smacks the wall. No free pass is given.

Lap 20 -- LEAD CHANGE: Outside line proves fast again as Jeff Gordon takes the lead in Turn 4.

Lap 19 -- GREEN FLAG: Kurt Busch brings the field to the green.
1. Kurt Busch
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Greg Biffle
4. Jimmie Johnson
5. Carl Edwards

Lap 18 -- Michael Waltrip too fast exiting pit road and will start at the tail end of the longest line.

Lap 17 -- No fuel is allowed to be put in the car but some cars make stops anyway. Tony Stewart gives up sixth to come in. Martin Truex Jr., Dale Earnhardt Jr., Joey Logano, Elliott Sadler, David Stremme and Michael Waltrip among the 17 cars to pit.

Lap 16 -- YELLOW FLAG NO. 1: Patrick Carpentier smacks the wall in Turn 4 bringing out the caution. No free pass is given.

Lap 14 -- Kurt Busch has opened up a 1.1-second lead on Greg Biffle. The top-four of Busch, Biffle, Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson have pulled away from the field.

Lap 13 -- Ryan Newman has fallen to eighth. Juan Montoya up to seventh.

Lap 11 -- Ryan Newman, Carl Edwards and Tony Stewart are battling for fifth.

Lap 8 -- Greg Biffle passes Jeff Gordon for second.

Lap 7 -- LEAD CHANGE: Kurt Busch is finally able to get around Jeff Gordon for the lead. Tony Stewart is complaining of a very loose race car.

Lap 5 -- Kurt Busch continues to challenge Jeff Gordon but he just can't get around him. Greg Biffle is closing on the two leaders.

Lap 3 -- Tony Stewart down to seventh as Carl Edwards passes him.

Lap 2 -- Jeff Gordon and Kurt Busch are battling for the lead. Tony Stewart has dropped to fifth.

Lap 1 -- LEAD CHANGE: Jeff Gordon gets a great start on the outside and takes the lead. Kurt Busch, also on the outside, moves to second.

2:16 p.m. -- GREEN FLAG: Tony Stewart brings the field to the green as the Lenox Industrial Tools 301 is under way.