Led Zeppelin mysterious Countdown

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Sep 11, 2012.

1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Milk it boys!

2. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

They're getting old :(

How wants to see a buncha old people farting around on stage?

Unless its Rush, I don't want to see them. They should have done a reunion tour 15 years ago...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III via Tapatalk :)

No longer an Apple fan

Android & Google

3. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Who is How and how is he? :idunno:

4. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

Who :(

I get mixed up with small words like that :(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III via Tapatalk :)

No longer an Apple fan

Android & Google

5. SIRIUSaboutXM

Eddie Trunk went to the NYC Premier of the new Zep movie and wrote this review:

10/10/12: Just an amazing night last night in NYC at the legendary Zigfield Theater for the premiere of the Led Zeppelin concert film Celebration Day. So much more I will tell you about this on the air in coming weeks, since I have limited time to write at the moment. But the film is simply amazing! I didn't expect much from a band so far on in years. I thought Plant's voice would be weak, and the magic wouldn't be there. I WAS DEAD WRONG! Plant was WAY better than I could have imagined and by all accounts the audio had very few touch ups. Plant's performance and the performance of Jason Bonham on drums were highlights of this for me. Jason did his Dad proud and crushed the drums, driving the band incredibly. The sound mix was just great, and the editing kept it interesting. There are no extras in the theatrical release. Just two hours of the band on stage, having a blast, and playing some of the greatest hard rock music ever created. It was really stunning. I had a chance to go to this show in the UK but passed because I swore they would do a US show. Five years later I am killing myself for not going, but the film helps ease the pain. I can only hope that some how this convinces Plant to at least do a handful of shows. They still have it and the time is now! There are no plans for that and the band will not even address reunion questions in press conferences, but here's hoping this film and the reaction will light a fire. Rock needs Zeppelin right now more than ever! This goes in theaters soon, then DVD, Bluray, CD, etc.
    There was a great party after the premiere that was attended by all the members. Spoke with all of them and got some amazing shots now posted here and via Twitter. It really was a special night and truly honored to have been there. Much more soon.

6. SIRIUSaboutXM

7. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

They had this before didn't they? People freaked because they dropped a Punk channel for it.

They could have it on the internet channels but please don't drop a sat channel (or put 2 more in mono) to add it.

8. SIRIUSaboutXM

9. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

'Revolution' to Feature Two Led Zeppelin Songs
    Episode of post-apocalyptic NBC series to include 'Kashmir' and 'Since I've Been Loving You'

NBC's post-apocalyptic drama Revolution will feature two Led Zeppelin tracks in an upcoming episode to mark the release of the band's live album/DVD Celebration Day, the Associated Press reports. "Kashmir," which Rolling Stone readers recently voted the fourth best Led Zeppelin song of all time, and "Since I've Been Loving You" will be included in the November 19th episode. Revolution is produced in association with Warner Bros. Television, while Led Zeppelin is signed with Warner Music Group's publishing arm, making the licensing an easier deal for the normally reticent rockers.

Celebration Day documents the group's one-off 2007 reunion show at London's O2 Arena, their first full concert since John Bonham's death in 1980. It will also be released on DVD on November 19th.

Read more: 'Revolution' to Feature Two Led Zeppelin Songs | Movies News | Rolling Stone

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  10. SIRIUSaboutXM

David Letterman has landed a rare interview with John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin.
    The legendary rock group visits “Late Show With David Letterman†at 11:35 p.m. Monday on CBS .

Letterman and Led Zeppelin are receiving the Kennedy Center Honors on Sunday in Washington. Viewers will get to see that event at 9 p.m. Dec. 26 on CBS.

And it will be worth the wait, because it’s the classiest awards show.

11. SIRIUSaboutXM

Saw this on Eddie Trunk's site- Make sure you set your DVR to catch this on 12/26. Great show every year with tons of surprises. Last year Caroline Kennedy joined other distinguished guests in singing 'Sweet Caroline' which Neil Diamond wrote about her- see it here: Warning: if you're allergic to chill bumps, do not attempt to watch this or the upcoming show [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BQdW9k-Mo8]Neil Diamond at the Kennedy Center Honors Sweet Caroline - YouTube[/ame]

Led Zeppelin, Among Others, Receive The Kennedy Center Honor
    A generation of acolytes including Jack Black, the Foo Fighters, Kid Rock, Lenny Kravitz and Heart paid tribute to Led Zeppelin in Washington D.C. Sunday night (December 2nd) as the band received the Kennedy Center Honors in the annual gala tribute, to be broadcast on CBS December 26th. Other honorees included blues trailblazer Buddy Guy, ballerina Natalia Makarove, David Letterman and Dustin Hoffman.

Zeppelin's three surviving members, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page, sat down the row from President and Michelle Obama in the balcony, next to the other honorees, all wearing the rainbow-colored sash and medal that had been given at a White House ceremony hours earlier. The Zeppelin tribute, the night's longest, was saved for last, though the rock gods' presence was noted throughout the evening, as when Ray Romano opened his tribute to Letterman by acknowledging his nerves.

"As a performer, the last thing you want to do is bomb in front of Led Zeppelin," he said. "I lost my virginity to the first two minutes of Stairway to Heaven and spent the next 11 minutes of it apologizing."

Jack Black took the stage, describing Led Zeppelin as "the greatest rock and roll band of all time" and noted his completion of the "rock & roll haj" – listening to all nine Zep albums back-to-back. He described how Derek Skanky gave him a Zeppelin mixtape in high school and the combination and power and beauty moved him and changed his life forever, as did the wide-ranging lyrics about "love, Vikings, Vikings making love and The Lord of the Rings."

Then an appropriate stony castle backdrop emerged and it was time for the performances. The Foo Fighters, with Dave Grohl on drums and Taylor Hawkins on rather strained vocals, took Rock and Roll. Kid Rock, in gold-sequined cowboy shirt and chaps, did a better job on Babe I'm Gonna Leave You and Ramble On. Next was Lenny Kravitz doing a spot-on Plant impression on Whole Lotta Love. Finally, Jason Bonham, son of original drummer John and the drummer for the band's 2007 reunion show, joined Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart for a show-ending version of Stairway to Heaven that gradually grew to include a string section, a horde of backup singers and the Joyce Garrett Youth Choir.

Through it all Page and Jones grinned with what seemed to be genuine pleasure, while Plant occasionally looked slack-jawed at the proceedings. At one point, between songs of the tribute to their band, the three huddled together in discussion. One can only wonder what they were talking about and hope against hope that the show gave them the urge to get back onstage with those songs and give the world what it wants: a Led Zeppelin reunion tour.

Read more at Rolling Stone.

In related news, Led Zeppelin will also appear on fellow Kennedy Center Honoree David Letterman's show, Late Show With David Letterman, tonight (December 3rd) on CBS.

12. SIRIUSaboutXM

I heard Dusty Street mention this today on Classic Vinyl, but I didn't believe it- Now, it looks like they could tour next year. The performers at the Kennedy Center Honors show changed Robert's point of view- especially when Heart did the most awesome version of Stairway that left him with tears in his eyes. Watch this entire performance and tell me what you think.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK_DOJa99oo]Heart - Stairway to Heaven Led Zeppelin - Kennedy Center Honors - YouTube[/ame]

WATCH: Robert Plant Hints at Led Zeppelin Reunion?
    In a recent interview he coyly says he'd be open to one.

Robert Plant recently sat down for an interview with Austraila's version of 60 Minutes, and he may have hinted at the possibility of a Led Zeppelin reunion tour next year.

When asked about Zeppelin fans pointing to Plant being the reason a reunion hasn't happened, he said:

"You need to speak to the Capricorns [Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones], because I've got nothing to do in 2014."

Check out the full interview below - his comments about reuniting starts at 13:30.
    Robert Plant - 60 Minutes (Australia) Interview - 17th Feb 2013 *HQ* - YouTube

13. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

They would make a fortune if they toured again. I'd sure want to go!

14. IdRatherBeSkiing

Amazing version of stairway. Almost as good as the original.

15. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I saw Heart preform The Battle of Evermore a couple of years ago. They're awesome.

16. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That was a good version.

At first I thought Plant was rather unimpressed, but at the end he looked a little misty eyed.

I had seen Heart cover Rock & Roll beck in the 80's. They wailed on that one.

17. SIRIUSaboutXM

They(Ann & Nancy) probably know Led Zep tunes better than the actual band. Zeppelin was by far, their biggest influence on the formation of Heart. I think they were a female Led Zep cover band before they got famous. It will be very interesting to see who performs when they get inducted into the HoF.

18. IdRatherBeSkiing

That's how I interpreted his stroking of his mustache too. Not quite sure what to make of it.

19. SIRIUSaboutXM

I seriously think it was at that exact moment he changed his mind about the reunion :captain:

Jimmy, John & Jason were on-board long ago for this to happen

20. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I saw Page and Plant in Denver in 1994, it was a good show. But hell they were older than the hills then. These guys have to be downright geriatric now! If they do it I'll go though!