Led Zeppelin mysterious Countdown

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Anyone keeping up with this story?

Led Zeppelin are in the midst of a mysterious countdown on Facebook. The band on Saturday posted the word "Five" in the stylized typeface of their fourth album, garnering nearly 37,000 "likes." Yesterday, they followed with "Four."

If they keep going, the countdown will end Thursday, revealing . . . well, who knows? Optimistic fans online are talking about a possible tour, though singer Robert Plant has made it clear he's not interested. The more likely scenario, The Guardian reports, is the announcement of a new DVD chronicling the surviving members' last reunion, at London's O2 Arena on December 10th, 2007.

Read more: Led Zeppelin Begin Mysterious Countdown on Facebook | Music News | Rolling Stone

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I can't picture Plant touring again, but a show and a farewell DVD sound about right.
Plant has no interest at all, but maybe he finally gave the OK for someone else to sing.
Jason Bohnam has just wrapped up the last BCC album, so maybe that's an indicator that he'll be on board for percussion.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Plant has no interest at all, but maybe he finally gave the OK for someone else to sing.
Jason Bohnam has just wrapped up the last BCC album, so maybe that's an indicator that he'll be on board for percussion.
I have a hard time seeing Page call it Zep without Plant.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
It's a supergroup reunion tour, featuring Robert Plant, Jason Bonham, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, Paul McCartney, Julian Lennion, Ringo Starr, Dhani Harrison, Pete Townshend, Roger Daltry, and John Entwhistle.

The band will be called "Who? Led Beatle."

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Another Clue....
As speculation continues to mount that Led Zeppelin will announce the release of their 2007 reunion show later this week, we've gotten another clue. Their Facebook page now has a 16-second clip showing the four band members' symbols from their fourth album in front of a black backdrop while an audience cheers. Sources say the show at London's O2 Arena will be out on DVD and CD in November..............The set list from that show:
1) Good Times, Bad Times
2) Ramble On
3) Black Dog
4) In My Time of Dying
5) For Your Life
6) Trampled Underfoot
7) Nobody's Fault but Mine
8) No Quarter
9) Since I've Been Lovin' You
10) Dazed and Confused
11) Stairway to Heaven
12) The Song Remains the Same
13) Misty Mountain Hop
14) Kashmir
Encores:
15) Whole Lotta Love
16) Rock and Roll

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Why did they switch to 1 instead of continuing roman numerals? They are reading this board and wanted to make sure my prediction was wrong.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Well now we know for sure there will be a reunion of the 3 living members... at least to receive this award:

The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts has announced the seven recipients of the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors. Buddy Guy, Led Zeppelin, David Letterman, Dustin Hoffman and ballerina Natalia Makarova will be honored by the Kennedy Center. Though Led Zeppelin will receive honors as a band, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant will each receive Kennedy Center Honors.
Read more: Led Zeppelin, Buddy Guy, David Letterman to Receive Kennedy Center Awards | Music News | Rolling Stone

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Led Zeppelin To Release O2 Movie Celebration Day

Led Zeppelin will soon be on the big screen. A movie version of their London O2 concert from five years ago will be released to cinemas and then DVD. It has been titled ‘Celebration Day’.

Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day Trailer - YouTube

Major premieres are being planned around the world for the October release with Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones planning on walking the red carpet in certain territories for the move release.

Led Zeppelin broke up in 1980 after the death of drummer John Bonham. They have only reunited for Live Aid in 1985 and then for this show in 2007 to pay tribute to Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun who died in 2006 after falling at a Rolling Stones concert and hitting his head.

Plant, Page and Jones performed with John’s son Jason on drums. 20 million people from around the world applied for the 18,000 tickets available by ballot.

Led Zeppelin started teasing a hint of the release five days ago. The world premiere of the movie will happen on October 17, 2012.

The tracklisting for the movie is:

1. Good Times Bad Times
2. Ramble On
3. Black Dog
4. In My Time Of Dying
5. For Your Life
6. Trampled Under Foot
7. Nobody’s Fault But Mine
8. No Quarter
9. Since I’ve Been Loving You
10. Dazed And Confused
11. Stairway To Heaven
12. The Song Remains The Same
13. Misty Mountain Hop
14. Kashmir
15. Whole Lotta Love
16. Rock And Roll

Celebration Day - Cinema Listings | Led Zeppelin - Official Website

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Led Zep reunited this morning! .... for a press conference. They would not deny or confirm a Reunion

Led Zeppelin Dodge Reunion Questions
Rockers skirt the subject at a press conference in London

Led Zeppelin dodged questions about possible reunion shows when surviving members Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones gathered for a press conference to launch Celebration Day, the film of their one-off concert at London's O2 Arena in 2007, The Guardian reports.

"Let me ask you a question," responded Page when first asked about a reunion. "Have you seen the film? Did you enjoy it? Then we've done our job, haven't we?"

Plant kept up the evading, rather than flat out denying: When another reporter asked if Zeppelin would "do it again," the singer replied, "With you?"

The band also spoke about the concert film itself, which features all 16 cuts played at the 2007 concert, a tribute to Ahmet Ertegun, the iconic Atlantic Records head who first signed Zeppelin in 1968. The film will be released to theaters October 17th and will be available on multi-format home release on November 19th.

When asked whether any of the live tracks were overdubbed, Page noted that they were kept to a minimum while Plant admitted some of the lyrics at the end of "Kashmir" were edited "because I was running out of steam."

Filling in for late drummer John Bonham at that concert was his son, Jason. His performance was "absolutely monumental," Page said. "Nobody else could have done it."

It wasn't the first time the younger Bonham had drummed with the group, as Plant noted: "We played with him before, at his wedding," said the frontman. "But sadly he decided to go to bed at his wedding reception. Because I was a friend of the family from way back, I was the one who had to go to his room and get him out of bed."

Read more: Led Zeppelin Dodge Reunion Questions | Music News | Rolling Stone