"Last edited by" in posts.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
Is it possible to make the time to edit posts a little longer before the "Last edited by" notiification comes up? It appears to be set for 1 minute now...I think 5 minutes would be better. :)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Is it possible to make the time to edit posts a little longer before the "Last edited by" notiification comes up? It appears to be set for 1 minute now...I think 5 minutes would be better. :)

I agree, it drives me nuts because I often post and then remember to go back and proof read. Most all my post have that edited designation.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I agree, it drives me nuts because I often post and then remember to go back and proof read. Most all my post have that edited designation.

I often have to edit my message also, but to be honest I don't like the 3 minute rule. I have no problem just going back and fixing couple little items, instead of waiting for 3 minutes.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm looking at a few of my recent posts from earlier today, I do not see an edit button at all. :idunno:

The way you had it set since the forum started was fine by me.

Reactions: semipenguin

dlynx

Oct 9, 2008
Michigan.
www.btlsfan.com
Aaron, should be to the left of the quote button for your posts.

Wolf, you don't have to wait to do an edit... The only thing is, if you do it after the specified time, it will show a "Last edited message" at the bottom of the post letting people know you made a change.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Aaron, should be to the left of the quote button for your posts.
It's not there.
Am I the only one without an edit button? lol

Edit: posted this at 9:31, immediately saw an edit button, will revisit in a few minutes and see if edit button is still there.

Last edited:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
It's not there.

Edit: posted this at 9:31, immediately saw an edit button, will revisit in a few minutes and see if edit button is still there.

Something seems to have been changed. It only allows you to edit a post for 3 minutes...after that, it now locks you out from editing it.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
It's not there.

I waited about 8 or 9 min to edit my first post on this thread. I guess if you don't refresh the page your edit button will still be there. I was able to open the edit screen, but not complete the edit...:shock:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Wolf, you don't have to wait to do an edit... The only thing is, if you do it after the specified time, it will show a "Last edited message" at the bottom of the post letting people know you made a change.

I realize the last edited message at the bottom of the message I posted. But I wanted to change something in one of my post earlier and it said I had to wait 3 minutes, which I didn't like. Also right now I see an edit button, but it not showing in any of my old post. Is there a time limit now?

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yes it appears that when MM changed this to 3 minutes it allows 3 minutes for editing then doesn't allow editing at all. I can still edit as a moderator. We'll have to change this back!

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Hey guys, I changed the wrong setting. :eek:mfg:

I changed it back to zero.

I found out and understand what EE was talking about. Maybe I was out of it yesterday.

Right now, the setting is set to 1 minute for the "last edited by." If you edit under 1 minute, you will NOT see that. If you edit after 1 minute, you will set it.

Sorry for the confusion and brain fart. :)

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
Right now, the setting is set to 1 minute for the "last edited by." If you edit under 1 minute, you will NOT see that. If you edit after 1 minute, you will set it.

That's the one that needs to be set for a little longer. 1 minute is too short. :)

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
My vote is for at least 5 minutes.
I agree, 5 minutes is plenty of time.

LTCG1.jpg

GIT-R-DONE! :D