Laptop Charger

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
yesterday morning i trip over my computer charger. i guess i broke it cause the light on the transformer will not come on and it wont charge my computer.

this was a huge hassle. my comp is on like 19 hours a day and the battery blows. i only get like 90 mins outta it.

so i had to scramble to get a new charger. since i didnt have my computer charged, i couldnt check diff stores for prices. i went to best buy. asked the geek squad team to make sure it was the charger and not a bigger computer issue. it was the charger and they told me where to get one. its made by a company named targus. thing cost $109!!!!!!! i mean, crazy. over 100 for a charger??? anyways, what could i do? i needed the charger so i gave them the hundred. at least my computer is back up and running now.

Last edited:

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
We just had to or thought we had to buy a new one for my laptop as the wires inside had been bent so many times they were fraying apart and my hubby out them back together enough to last another week or so but we still bought another one. Ours with shipping was only $30.00. Still haven't got it yet but over the weekend Hubby found our old laptop and grabbed the power supply to it and check to see if it worked with this laptop and sure enough it did. lol So we now will have a spare.

I can find out where he ordered it from and let you know if you'd like. $100 seems way too much.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
$100+ is typical for a laptop charger at a big box store. These are the same people that sell you a $2 HDMI cable for $40!

Unless you need it immediately, I suggest looking on eBay for a replacement. You can typically get a generic one with the proper connector for $30 or so. After all, it's just wires and a small transformer. No reason it has to be so damn expensive. However, when buying cheap, generic batteries or chargers online you always run this risk of getting a poor quality unit that doesn't work or ends up causing damage. That's the best argument for buying from the laptop manufacturer or a reputable (and price gouging) company like Targus. Having said that, I have been buying laptop batteries and chargers from eBay for years and have never had a problem. knock on wood...

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Oy vey. For a couple of hundred more, you can get a new netbook that runs 10 hours on a charge.

exactly!!! my computer itself was only $550, all included. i pay over a 1/5 of that for the stupid charger? f best buy.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
We just had to or thought we had to buy a new one for my laptop as the wires inside had been bent so many times they were fraying apart.

thats exactly whats happening to my ipod usb charger right now. it still works fine, but the usb port is starting to fray. luckily i have another, due to having 2 classics. i view them as external hard drives that are also portable media centers. thats why i bought 2.

thank you so much!!! :egypt::egypt:

i threw out the box my best buy charger came in so i called them to see if i can return without the box. i have the receipt and they said it was cool. you just saved me $98! thats a few hours at work. sweet!! you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
just found the box in yesterdays trash. no doubt im up $100 now. thanks again memebag!!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
with the cash i saved thanks to you i bought new super mario bros wii (used) and a james thurber book for my dad this fathers day. with all three items it was like $50 thanks to the free shipping. im still up $60.

f best buy!:shoot4:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
well the cheap amazon charger broke again. so i really needed a new one and went right back to amazon. got a brand new charger for $1.54. hahaha what a great price!!! but i use my computer all the time so i needed it right away. i went with the overnight shipping.....it costs $30!!! wow, thats a lot. so i got it right away, it was waiting at my door when i woke up the next day. even spending $32 i still saved $68 over the best buy price.