Lady Gaga Interview

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Vargas, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

First Question--Doesn't it piss you off that you don't make as much money as you could have 10 years ago.

Jesus Howard.
  2. RDog

RDog New Member

I had to turn it off, but I predict all the questions would be:

- do you like anal
    - how much money do you have
    - don't you think wearing costumes means you want the love of your parents
    - no, seriously, how much money do you have
    - have you ever had someone not honor a contract before, because I have
    - let's get back to how much money you have
    - any lesbian stuff
  3. voliconjoe

voliconjoe Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. Why do people still continue to listen if it's so horrible?? Ellis is on at the same time I think. Listen to him.
  4. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I didn't catch the beginning... But Howard definitely let her do some of the speechifying she does at her concerts that he has previously ridiculed. I don't blame him. She is a big guest and seemed happy to be there. She can really sing although I think she had some electronic enhancement.
  5. Snoozer

Snoozer New Member

I'm not a Laday Gaga fan I listened for about 5 mins. I just don't find her that interesting it had nothing to do with the questions. He's been asking people those questions for 20 years maybe more. It shouldn't come as a shock or let down that he asks those. Its what he does. Like Letterman does the top 10, Jay does headlines etc.... Its his schtick, some people must like it. He's been doing it forever.
  6. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

so they both have their wigs on today huh?

[​IMG]

btw, I just noticed in the background john hein looking like a creepy fat f*ck as well in the top right part of the picture.
  7. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Your link isn't working - anyone else have a copy?
  8. beaniemac

pic is viewable for me. maybe ur job is blocking twitpic. anyways, here I put it on tinypic.

[​IMG]
  9. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

Anyone know the point of the outfits? Is there a reason behind it other than "just because"?
  10. beaniemac

are you referring to howard? :roflmao:
  11. Biaviian

:bigclap:

Both I guess.
  12. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Jesus Christ, doesn't Jason get paid to take "good" photos with a nice camera. What's with this shit picture? And get John Hein out of there...douche.
  13. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Cool thanks!

No site blocking here - but was curious why it wasn't showing up...

Your link shows up blank and gives an access denied error message if visited directly. Perhaps you have a Twitpic account and are logged in?
    <Error>
    <Code> AccessDenied </Code>
    <Message>Request has expired</Message>

But I did a search there and found this, which works:
    [​IMG]

Weird the way some of these sites set up their stuff. They want you to make it so that people can see your stuff, but then they add weird expirations and the like.

Is that a Jason pic, or a Gaga phone pic?
  14. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Nothing like wearing 2 shirts, one of which is long-sleeved, and jeans (maybe) on one of the hottest days of the year.
  15. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I thought the interview was decent...although I have found that he gets corrected by guests quite a bit. Either he has a lot of misconceptions of certain celebrities, or his show prep is non-existent.
  16. beaniemac

yeah, its super hot here as well. low 90's, but thats only because my job is within walking distance from the lake. around 95 by my house however.
  17. Biaviian

He just guesses on a lot of questions hoping that he hits on something or that it leads to a story related to the question. That is his interview style and is why he gets so much out of people.
  18. Steel Cranium

Steel Cranium Active Member

I agree. I don't understand the haters, unless I missed something. This interview is probably one of his biggest = one of the biggest artists of the time at the top of her peak. This would be like interviewing Madonna at the peak of her career, where at that time the closest Howard could get was Madonna's sister. Or like interviewing Billy Joel in the late 1970s or early 1980s instead at the end of his career.

The interview was around an hour and a half, without a commercial break. I would bet it was her longest interview.

He never really hammered any point where she didn't really want to go = sex and money. He visited every once in a while then stepped back.

He seemed to keep a good pace to this interview. He wasn't hurried, he didn't cut her off a lot to go to another topic. No "wanna ride the sybian" question. He only mentioned his iPhone once.

Her insight into a few songs that she performed worked well. Showed that she can write and perform at the same time.

I believe that the interview was important to her as well since she separated herself from the other autotuned pop stars to many who didn't know a lot about her. A similar interview with Brittany Spears? H: tell me about your songs, BS: I don't write any of them, H: how about playing a song for us, BS: Sorry, I left my autotune gadget at home... At least Gaga could fill over an hour of interview.

I don't think the bad information is due to bad show prep. I think he purposely throws them out there to see if he can lead the interviewed into a different direction. It works sometimes. If he had good show prep and stuck with it - he would sound like the other interviewers who also had good show prep.
  19. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Especially in that studio with all those lights. Howard used to bitch up a royal storm that it was too cold at 6 AM and too hot by 8:30 AM.

And WTF was up with all those commercial breaks in the 8 AM ET hour? I guess he wanted to have a nice long interview with Lady Gaga. Aye carumba!
  20. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

If his show prep involved FaceTime on an iPhone, he'd do it!