Kyle Busch to scale back in NNS in 2010

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
He won't run the whole series in 2010. Should make everyone happy since everyone hates seeing the Cup Drivers run the NNS races and Championships

It will probably make many people happy not to see a Cup regular running for the Nationwide championship. I'm glad to see Busch taking the lead in that direction. Maybe a couple other drivers will follow suit? :scratch: I know I'd rather see the non Cup regulars running for the championship like it used to be. :yesshake:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Actually I too would like for ONLY the NW drivers to be able to win the championship. And I think it could be done via the schedule if only nascar would make the changes.

However you just KNOW track owners will lobby to have their track be alongside cup races to have cup drivers.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Thought I heard on the radio sometime the weekend that Edwards is the only Cup guy so far who's doing the full schedule in 2010.
Wanna just give him the trophy at this year's banquet to save time? ;)

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Thought I heard on the radio sometime the weekend that Edwards is the only Cup guy so far who's doing the full schedule in 2010.

Why? :scratch:

Edwards ran for both in '05 but lost to Truex Jr :shock:

Just because he's a Cup guy doesn't mean he'll win the championship. Maybe Leffler will step up next year. Or maybe Bobby Jr. Steven Wallace?

A good driver in a good car can beat out Edwards :)
Posted via Mobile Device

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA

I agree. They may as well just have the 2010 banquet at the same time as the 09'.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Why? :scratch:

Edwards ran for both in '05 but lost to Truex Jr :shock:

Just because he's a Cup guy doesn't mean he'll win the championship. Maybe Leffler will step up next year. Or maybe Bobby Jr. Steven Wallace?

A good driver in a good car can beat out Edwards :)
Posted via Mobile Device
Just making a tongue in cheek guess for next year is all. ;) Though the odds are in his favour.
I certainly hope a full time Nationwide driver steps up next year and wins the title. It'd do a lot for that series I think.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I don't know how much it would do for the series but as a fan of the sport, I'd like to see the Nationwide guys battle it out amongst themselves. :yesshake:

We used to go to most of the companion events years ago but we don't bother much anymore except for the tracks that force us like Bristol & Richmond. During the years that Earnhardt Jr. and Kenseth were battling it out in the Busch series, we'd go every weekend that we had the chance when at the track for the Cup race. There were still Cup guys that would run Busch but it seemed back then that the Busch regulars had more of a chance.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
It's looking more and more like there might not be a (Hendrick) ride for him to move up.