Kyle Busch donates guitars.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
From Jayski.com

Kyle Busch donates Guitars: #18-Kyle Busch and the Kyle Busch Foundation has donated $30,000 to the National Alliance for Public Education toward the purchase of 150 guitars to be donated to several Nashville schools, apparently as atonement for smashing a classic Gibson guitar in an embarrassing "rock star-style celebration" after a June Nationwide Series victory. But Busch refuses to put his mouth where his money is. He declines to apologize for the guitar-smashing incident that drew widespread criticism and added to his image as the brat-boy of racing. Nashville music producer Mike Curb who co-owns the Baker Curb Racing team, helped facilitate the Busch donation.(Racin' Today)(9-3-2009)

I figured I'd open this can of worms again. ;). I still don't see what he did as embarassing but if something good like this came out of it then maybe it will help quiet some detractors....doubtful but maybe. ;)

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Sounds to me like we're losing the Kyle Bush that everyone loves to hate. That's too bad. We need someone to wear the black hat.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
"apparently"? :scratch:

Kyle doesn't need to apologize to anyone. Who wrote the story? FOX News?

Good for Kyle. I hope he gets to smash more guitars, & a clock :)
Posted via Mobile Device

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I don't think Kyle gets enough coverage of the good things he does. Maybe he wants it that way. The whole thing reminds me of Stewart and how he does TONS of stuff to help others but it doesn't get covered by the media much.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I don't think Kyle gets enough coverage of the good things he does. Maybe he wants it that way.

I agree. I'd bet that you could use that same quote and insert just about any drivers name in there and that would be the case.