Kindle app for iphone available (free)

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Great. I've been wanting to try Kindle, but the price is steep. I've got a Touch that I basically only use as an extra Sonos controller; I can test out Kindle with it. Since I just struggled through 57 different iTunes installs in order to get the correct iPhone drivers on my Vista 64 machine, I can actually load something on it.

Note to anyone installing iTunes on a Vista machine: If you copy any data from an old machine, go through it and delete any directory that says "Apple". Stupid frikken iTunes won't overwrite it's own drivers, even if they are out of date, and for a completely different operating system than the PC you are actually installing on.

I was actually thinking of buying a kindle, but now I don't need one with the iPhone app.

So yesterday I downloaded and installed the app when went shopping on Amazons website and couldnt find a damn thing I wanted to read on my iPhone.

I am glad now that I didn't buy a Kindle.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I bought "Defiance" to give a a whirl. It was a PITA to purchase the book. Not an easy task at all. Now that my account is correct, it shouldn't be as bad in the future.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
You can download the first chapter free to sample before you buy. I did that with 'Why We Suck'. This could be my new favorite non-music app.