keurig coffee

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
One other thing, limegrass reminded me of it, is that you can still use your own grinds. You just need to use the my k-cup contraption. Note though that the o-ring on the bottom needs to be removed and put back on. The factory puts them on too tight so grinds will sometimes get into your cup of coffee.

yea thats a great feature! u can still buy cheap coffee and geat a great brew from keurig. my dad does that all the time.

They look nice from a design standpoint, but, I don't understand why you have to go that route.

i know its pricey but its worth it. a k cup of newmans own extra bold is better than any normal brew ive tasted.

For instance I drink a 3-cup of coffee on the way in to work, so, I make enough for 3 cups. If I drank 1 cup of coffee, I would do the same thing, I just don't see the appeal.

yea but a lot of the machines make a solid 2.5 cup of coffee.

Addicted and love it. The Dunkin Donuts K cup DO NOT DISAPPOINT. Better than the coffee they make.

i go with what costco sells. newmans rocks! they have it down to 50 c per k cup and to me thats totally worth it. over 75c and thats just too much for me for a home cup of coffee.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I am a bit snobbish on my coffee and on weekends, I'll drink a whole pot each day. On weekdays though, I grab a cup when I get to work from the coffee shop across the street from my office. It's just easier for me.

I'll be over for a cup Saturday Biaviian. Not too early though.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I just tried the Keurig machine at work again and it still tastes like water with a brown crayon dissolved in it. The Flavia was not great tasting, but the Keurig has almost no taste at all.

This morning I ground enough fresh Columbian beans for 2 big cups and brewed it in my drip machine while heating up some oatmeal. The coffee tasted like coffee. Hell, the air in the breakfast nook and kitchen tasted like coffee.

This Keurig machine is junk.

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
I grind Dunkin Donuts whole beans in the morning in my Kitchenaid Burr Grinder. Then I just use a percolator to brew it. I have it black. Works quite well.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Old thread :right:

Look at all the people who used to come to DRC & contribute :)

Don't blame me if they don't come here no more :(

Keurig is a copout for making real coffee or tea :hhh:

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
It's not the Keurig machine, it's the kind of coffee you use. I usually drink "San Francisco Fog Chaser" (I am right now, in fact).

We also grind our own and use a refillable cup that fits Keurig machines.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
It's not the Keurig machine, it's the kind of coffee you use. I usually drink "San Francisco Fog Chaser" (I am right now, in fact).

We also grind our own and use a refillable cup that fits Keurig machines.

I was drinking the Something Mountain Columbian that is supplied by the coffee supply service.

There's no way this thing ever makes coffee as good as my $40 dripper from Target. And the dripper is red metal, which my wife loves for some reason.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
If you put regular roast coffee through the Keurig, it's going to be weak. I drink the Medium and Dark Roast coffees and have never had a problem with losing flavor. I also have Tea and Hot Chocolate K-cups.

Keurigs are nice for single people who don't want to make a full pot of coffee just for themselves.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
If you put regular roast coffee through the Keurig, it's going to be weak. I drink the Medium and Dark Roast coffees and have never had a problem with losing flavor. I also have Tea and Hot Chocolate K-cups.

Keurigs are nice for single people who don't want to make a full pot of coffee just for themselves.

Get yourself a woman to share your morning coffee with.
If Meme can do it, you sure can.

I mean..... Come on...... Meme......

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing

The "pod" I used said it was "Medium". Medium and dark roasts have different flavors, but one shouldn't have more flavor than the other. The medium roast I use at home has a lot of flavor.

Get yourself a woman to share your morning coffee with.
If Meme can do it, you sure can.

I mean..... Come on...... Meme......

Mrs. Bag doesn't drink coffee. My Bella dripper makes 2 large-ish cups with no problem.

But woman good for morning. Meme like woman.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing

You have a $190 coffee mill and you didn't start a thread for it? Tsk tsk.

I have a $90 burr grinder that I like a lot:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-Bistro-Electric-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B0043095WW/ref=pd_sbs_k_4]Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black : Amazon.com : Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
One other thing, limegrass reminded me of it, is that you can still use your own grinds. You just need to use the my k-cup contraption. Note though that the o-ring on the bottom needs to be removed and put back on. The factory puts them on too tight so grinds will sometimes get into your cup of coffee.
I got one of these coffee makers for my birthday. I like it but do not LOVE it. I use the My K-Cup for my Folgers French Roast.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I've had a "Keurig-type" machine for about a year. It takes K cups as well as lets you use your own grounds. I usually have plain ol' Folders grounds for my first cup (I usually down it so quick while walking the dog I barely taste it), and go with a meduim roast from either Donut Shop or Tully's. I go through green mountain coffee's website, you can set up automatic orders and a small discount. I like I don't have to make a pot, and it takes like 5 mins to get a cup. We also use Hot chocolate ( which to me seems like the same as heating water up and dumping the packet into it) and Apple Cider K-cups as well.