Keselowski wins Nationwide Series race in Iowa

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Congrats to Keselowski on the win! Nice to see a Nationwide driver win one of their own events. I know not many people on this board seem to like him but it certainly looks like he's ready to move up and contend.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
He comes across as very arrogant and from the stories I've heard and read he seems to be.

Anywho..... I enjoyed the race very much. Great track. I agree with Brad that it would be cool to see the cup series there. Lord knows we need more short tracks.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
I thought it was a good race. Congrats to Brad!!! :)

And I agree, it's good to see a regular win in a Nationwide race.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Congrats to Brad... He has been my favorite in Nationwide since he came there... Not sure I agree that he is arrogant tho, I have never seen that side of him at all.. I think he is very real and fresh and such a nice change to the sport....

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Great track. I agree with Brad that it would be cool to see the cup series there. Lord knows we need more short tracks.

Couldn't agree more. Congrats Brad.:buttrock: I think his "public speaking" will continue to improve...think he's just excited about where he is...spot light is new to him...he'll be alright. He came across great before....he'll get there again when the newness wears off.

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
mghtx,

where have you read and heard that Brad is arrogant. I have met him 3 times and he was nothing but nice. That is the only things i have heard as well. For the record I agree that Iowa needs a cup race that was some awesome racing yesterday.

Reactions: Calypso

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Sub, I have not met Brad so I don't know anything. And I don't want to bash him.

(at least, no more than I have....:p )

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
mghtx,

You said you have heard and read he is arrogant.. share some links or share a story if you have one.. that is my point. You made a claim you can't seem to back up.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I know not many people on this board seem to like him but it certainly looks like he's ready to move up and contend.

I felt sorry for him when Travis Kvapil dumped him to win a truck race a few years ago :worried:

Now I'm not a fan of Brad K. Good for him. Hopefully it'll be his last win :)

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
How about all these people crying over Kyle's remarks?

I guess he should say something about having a great points day? :rolleyes: Yeah, right.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
How about all these people crying over Kyle's remarks?

I guess he should say something about having a great points day? :rolleyes: Yeah, right.

People tend to cry about most everything in this sport. :yesshake:

At the same time, today's TMD, Kyle Busch/Kevin Harvick topic seems to heavily promoted by the hosts. They're steering the ship. Not much different than last week's, changing the point system topic IMO.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Is coming in 2nd 9 times in a year a record worth mentioning? :right:

Did anyone even know about that record until Saturday? :shock:
Posted via Mobile Device

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Nobody remembers who finishes second. LOL That's the first loser, right? I'm not particularly a Kyle Busch fan but I could be just for the simple fact that the guy absolutely hates to lose. I wish I saw that same determination from my driver!

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
MGHTX, seriously where did you read this.. can you at least name the website.. it's not a high and mighty act. I can buy you heard from someone you know they thought he acted arrogant to them. You said you read something. Where is it I would like to read it for myself.

Last edited:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
It's probably more the impression that he gives some people. I can't believe any reputable writer is going to state something in their column that he is arrogant. It was probably on a blog somewhere.

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
well DP i asked mghtx, he made the statement, back it up or retract it. I concede the heard part as on any given day when you meet someone(no matter what they do) you can catch them on a bad day and first impressions are lasting impressions.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
well SubMike, I rendered my opinion. That's what these boards are all about. I like to see those types of things be backed up by some links also but it is what it is.

Reactions: antsie

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
(sigh)....see post #7.

I think it speaks for itself.

If that's not good enough then just call me a bad name and get over it. I have zero interest in finding links to stories I've read over months of time.

Here's an idea....if anyone's REALLY offended by my remarks then YOU find and post links to back up how WRONG I am.

And with that, my part in this done.

No wait! GO KESELOWSKI !!!! I've heard he's AWESOME!!! :p

Reactions: antsie

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
so why didn't you just say you read them a LONG tme ago.. I can accept that. At least that is totally honest. Plus is it TRULY your opinion if you have never met himto get an feeling if he is arrogant or not. Just a thought.