Kenan Thompson (2009-12-08)

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I thought it was a pretty good interview.

I always liked Kenan and think he's great on SNL.

Maybe a few more minutes with him would have made it better but whatcha gonna do? I would have cut down the Whoredasian interview to spend more time with him - maybe do an impromptu interview for the Artie chair.

Thoughts?

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I enjoyed the interview, I thought he did pretty well on the show. I grew up watching him on All That and Kenan and Kel on Nickelodeon, So that might have something to do with it.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
All that was a funny show. Anybody know what Kel has been up to?

He's still working at GoodBurger!

kel.jpg

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Kel is still doing stuff on youtube, he has his own channel, he does song parody videos, and makes his own music, and some comedy bits. He has yet to break out, sadly. Can't seem to move past his old stuff. He recently released an 'orange soda' dance video.

Elahrairah

Nov 11, 2008
It's funny how Howard was saying things like "I used to watch SNL but stopped, but now I watch again sometimes and I watch your stuff, it's funny"

KT mentions "What up with that" about 3 times (as an example of skits that are repeated over the years). Then a caller says "we all sing 'what up with that' as a family" and Howard asks
"what is that, a catchphrase or something"?

Not only has he not seen KT on SNL, he wasn't even paying attention in the interview! KT played it off cool like "oh it's just something we do on SNL"...

Just busting his balls, I'm not a Howard hater.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
SNL is one area where Howard had been consistent. He's always said that he doesn't care for the show. He's said as much as far back as 1988 or thereabout. He's also maintained that the current cast, whatever the current cast is at that time is not as good as the one that preceded the current cast, so I would imagine that he does watch it or that his opinions stem from what others around him are telling him.