Kathy Griffin, Feb 22 (MSG, NYC)

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Oren, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

Anyone here going?? Sunday night! February 22, at the WaMu Theater at Madison Square Garden.... also NYC Penn Station.

AND

THEY

SERVE

ALCOHOL!!!

lol

:twisted:

2. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

No I won't be going, not in the area, then again I wouldn't cross the street to see her.

3. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

Funny you brought up Kathy Griffin. My coworker and I were debating whether or not Bruce Campbell was on a higher celebrity list than her. I said yes; Bruce is a solid B-Lister. She's lower, IMO. He said no.

What's better, a cult following of fans that would kill to see your new project or having a lot of people know who you are and not care about your work.

4. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about that. Kathy Griffin is doing REALLY well. She's doing huge venues now, KODAK Theater, MSG, etc... She's making a fortune.

A few months back I saw Lisa Lampanelli at Radio City. That's a very big deal for any comic. Kathy's MSG gig is a lot bigger of a deal than that even.

On a side-note, we saw Dave Attell a couple weeks ago at Caroline's in Times Square. My wife took a photo of Dave and I talking after the show, but she cut the tops of our faces off in the photo, dammit! (DUH! Too many martinis!!) That would've been a great photo!

5. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

Well, I might be wrong, but I would rather meet Bruce Campbell than her.

Drunk-induced bad photography? Cool. You should find a way to send a copy to Attell. He likes connecting with the people . . . drunk people is a bonus. :D

6. Oren

Oren Well-Known Member

I forget to tell you guys...

SEE HER!

We were a little shocked, and not in the way that we're not used to "vulgarity", but in the way that we didn't associate that with her.

She was vulgar... about "Octo-Mom": "her lips look like a freshly fucked pussy".

lol

She was great, and very unlike other comics. We've seen tons of them.

She's different in the way that she's totally unscripted... and when she's on stage she jumps from subject to subject, whatever comes to her mind at the time. Then she goes back to subjects she was talking about previously.

You'd have to see it. For her, it's just talking and anything goes. Very unique. She has a natural flair about her that's difficult to describe.

She had no opening act and she did nearly two hours. And she got a huge standing ovation.

Excellent.