Kanye West interupts speech

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Kayne is a POS.

I didn't watch the awards, but I've been reading about it. Props to Beyonce for inviting the girl on stage later on to re-do her speech.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
In other news, the VMAs get worse and worse every year. This is probably the first year ever that I haven't watched them, nor do I care. Normally, I give out a report about them, but it's the same 'ol shit every year. Douchebags galore.

I'll betcha you can't guess what I was doing instead ;)

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Do you like fishsticks?

Reactions: AJ_II

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
In other news, the VMAs get worse and worse every year. This is probably the first year ever that I haven't watched them, nor do I care. Normally, I give out a report about them, but it's the same 'ol shit every year. Douchebags galore.

I'll betcha you can't guess what I was doing instead ;)

They do get worse every year. We did watch, mostly because Russel Brand cracks us up for some reason. But there is almost zero decent music any more.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Yeah, what are those things called music videos again?

Some things like cable channels have changed and evolved so much it allows for someone new to come into the market and bring back what was lost.

In other words I think a cable station that played nothing but music videos all the time would be successful. I love to watch videos but I don't want to go to youtube. I want to watch them on TV. I've even considered buying some of the DVD sets of music videos that DJs and Clubs buy to broadcast. Videos are great.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I've got 3 or 4 channels on Comcast that play nothing but videos, but I never watch them. When I was young, I had a lot more time to waste waiting for a good one to come on. Now, not so much.

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Some things like cable channels have changed and evolved so much it allows for someone new to come into the market and bring back what was lost.

In other words I think a cable station that played nothing but music videos all the time would be successful. I love to watch videos but I don't want to go to youtube. I want to watch them on TV. I've even considered buying some of the DVD sets of music videos that DJs and Clubs buy to broadcast. Videos are great.

We get a channel called Fuse TV that we try to catch some of their No1 Countdown shows, but that's about all we have.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I haven't watched MTV with any regularity since middle school (1984-ish). 25 years. Just a very occasional Jackass episode, and that maybe six times, and a very little Unplugged in college, maybe one or two episodes.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I haven't watched MTV in over 10 years, and I say that with pride.

In fact, the last time I've really watched MTV was when Beavis & Butthead were on the channel, and I watched the first season or two of Celebrity Deathmatch.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I recently found torrents for the first two seasons of Beavis & Butthead, complete with music videos and "Fire!". That's still one of the funniest shows ever made.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh94FG5Q_j8"]YouTube - '80 I want my MTV commercial[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SMcd6BZFtE[/ame]

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I recently found torrents for the first two seasons of Beavis & Butthead, complete with music videos and "Fire!". That's still one of the funniest shows ever made.

NOW you are starting to make some sense! I only wish I recorded those shows. Never the same edit the next time around

(also please tell me you remember SIFIL and OLY!!! SO BAD IT WAS THE BEST!!!)

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
NOW you are starting to make some sense! I only wish I recorded those shows. Never the same edit the next time around

(also please tell me you remember SIFIL and OLY!!! SO BAD IT WAS THE BEST!!!)

SnO ruled! I used to watch it in college and was bummed that it went away so quickly. I have a DVD of one of the seasons, and I have their "Songs of Season 1" CD on my ipod. I even monitored the website for years in the hopes of more DVDs, but sadly that eventually went away too.

I haven't seen MTV since Beavis and Butthead either. I am too old to give a shit about videos, and way too old to give a shit about the horrible fake reality shows they show 24/7 on that channel. When I was a kid I would record Headbangers ball every weekend. And I remember a show called The Idiot Box that was like sketch comedy from Alex Winter (The guy from Bill and Ted who wasn't Keaneau Reeves).