Kahne want out

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Wow. just when I thought I might start liking the little douch now that he's going to be back with Ford :shock:

The whole thing with Petty-Yates-Gellett is one big CF anywho. Budweiser will leave with him I'm sure since Petty doesn't want beer sponsorships. Maybe he can go drive for Stewart-Haas :)
Posted via Mobile Device

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I scanned the article. Seems like typical "driver's contract expiring" talk. Would I blame him? no. I agree with Semi, it's a big CF over there, it seems like since Evernham left the scene, it has gone down. Whatever the case, I'm not expecting much from that team next year.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I sure wouldn't blame him. It's no fun not knowing who the boss is.

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
I always tell my husband that Kasey would do much better with another team. He's a great driver but needs to be with a better team.

What I want to know is why does Sadler still have a job???

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Why does HALF the field have a job? :p So many are just riding around getting that nice check. We need TERM LIMITS in nascar! :rolleyes:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Last weekend I stopped at the Sadler Truck Stop in Emporia, VA. It was a nice truck stop. Great food. The grits were excellent! :D

I didn't like the way Sadler left Yates. Robert worked hard getting M&M's for a sponsor & gave up using the 28 :worried:

Sadler's not a bad driver. He's won 3 races & even competed in the 1st chase. Paired with the right crew chief & I bet he'll be back in Victory lane again :)
Posted via Mobile Device

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Man, when I hear Richard Petty talk these days I can hear a change in his voice. He really sounds old. I'm sure the last 3 yrs have worn him down a lot.

NoWayHozay

Jan 5, 2009
If he's offered a seat at SHR in '11, I bet he'll take it.

I bet Ray will tell him to take it.

I bet Budweiser will tell him to take it.

I'm not sure RPM will be around in 5 years.

NoWayHozay

Jan 5, 2009
Given Harvick's friendship with Tony I'd bet you are right.

I would say if Kevin had a sponsor to bring to SHR, he probably would head over there. Maybe he could bring Shell/Pennzoil or Hershey, but I doubt it. Long-term, Harvick wants to build KHI to a cup-level program - but not for himself. He needs the big paycheck from a top-tier cup ride to pay for KHI's growth, and RCR can provide that better than anywhere else he might end up.

If Kahne is to go to SHR in '11, then something concrete needs to be in place by next summer if a third team will be on the grid for the 2011 Daytona 500. I would say by the 600 there will be open courtship. Tony likes announcing things at Indy, so the goal is to get the deal done by then.