Just...wow.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
There's plenty of instances I've been in that I swear there's something else at work. A great example, I have a seizure disorder, that I hadn't been taking medication for (haven't had to) up until February of this year when I had one behind the wheel in my folks truck. I was on a major road in town, but the truck wasn't damaged, I wasn't hurt, I didn't hurt or kill anyone else, and the truck came to rest in front of a firehouse according to the paramedics who were there.

Somebody up there likes me! :eek:

Being in a job like I'm in (health care) has pretty much restored my faith in an afterlife and in god as a whole.

Reactions: Aaron

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
There's plenty of instances I've been in that I swear there's something else at work. A great example, I have a seizure disorder, that I hadn't been taking medication for (haven't had to) up until February of this year when I had one behind the wheel in my folks truck. I was on a major road in town, but the truck wasn't damaged, I wasn't hurt, I didn't hurt or kill anyone else, and the truck came to rest in front of a firehouse according to the paramedics who were there.

Somebody up there likes me! :eek:

Being in a job like I'm in (health care) has pretty much restored my faith in an afterlife and in god as a whole.

My father was driving to a flea market one Sunday morning when he pulled off the highway to get gas for his minivan. As he was heading up a usually busy street, he had a stroke. His van hit a street sign doing some minor damage but he was being followed by paramedics who had gone out for breakfast and he was about a block away from the hospital.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
So God explains their unexplained deaths and unexplained revivals? Um ... why? Why would God do that? Just to impress upon us how mighty and random he is? Just to mess with our minds? I don't see how God explains anything here. He just makes it more complicated.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
No one can explain why my SL2 will randomly shut itself off once every two to four months.

Is god f'ing with my remote?

Why wouldn't he just pick a better station?

Just askin.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I hate when people thank God rather than the docs/nurses that were there doing the work. Quite insulting.

I hate to say it, but I agree with you. I'm just thinking that this statement is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

Once you start talking religion or politics, people get crazy.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I'm not sure if it's "God",or whatever, at work.
It could be anything, right?

I think that some things in life just are what they are, and should be accepted at face value. Could have been the medical professionals, could have been luck. But, there is not always straight logic.

The bottom line to me is that many people find comfort by invoking God's name in situations like this. It's the only way to rationalize the unexplainable, or low probability outcome actually happening.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
My friends memebag and BMF and others are quick to dismiss the notion of a God, but I hope they'll remember that we humans are literally zits on the universe's ass. We're zits on the asses of the fleas on God's dog. We can't even begin to comprehend the complexity and vastness of the cosmos. It's not that we don't. It's that we can't. We're not wired for it. There was no reason for evolution to select for it.

They'll disagree. And that's okay.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
I hear ya Casual. I think of myself as being tolerant towards others views, but, for myself I do believe in a higher power.

Religion, Faith, and the whole shebang is very hard to understand, yet alone, communicate.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
My friends memebag and BMF and others are quick to dismiss the notion of a God, but I hope they'll remember that we humans are literally zits on the universe's ass. We're zits on the asses of the fleas on God's dog. We can't even begin to comprehend the complexity and vastness of the cosmos. It's not that we don't. It's that we can't. We're not wired for it. There was no reason for evolution to select for it.

They'll disagree. And that's okay.

Speak for yourself, God's dog's ass's flea's zit boy. I'm a big bag of memes, and Capt. BMF is some sort of government scientist!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Threads that involve religion just call for gymeejet's involvement. Where are you buddy?

Didn't the "Does God Exist" thread over at SBS go more than 1000 posts...