Just heard an ad for the coming of a new channel today

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
This afternoon I heard something about a "Party Music" channel coming.(the song on the ad was Celebration by Kool and the Gang). I'm not sure what date it was supposed to start, but I think 1/15. I do remeber hearing it'd be on Sirius 39 and XM 38 (meaning Pop 2K is indeed gone from Sirius, but NOTHING will disappear at all from XM). Has anyone else heard anything about this? It sounds like a poor idea fort a channel to me.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Things we think we know about January 15...

1. the end of AC/DC Radio
2. The Strobe returns
3. Backspin returns
4. Pop2K removed (possibly for this channel you heard an ad?)

Anything else?

bjflynn04

Oct 20, 2008
I think you are talking about Party City. If you go to This Week on XM and click on 12/30 you will see it is on XM 38 from 12/30 through 1/1 but I am not sure what channel it will be on Sirius.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I think you are talking about Party City. If you go to This Week on XM and click on 12/30 you will see it is on XM 38 from 12/30 through 1/1 but I am not sure what channel it will be on Sirius.

Yeah they (XM) do this every year, this is sort of a bring in the new year channel.

Party City... New Year's Eve soundtrack now on XM 38. You'll hear not only big party hits but also BLASTERS... those big party hits.. and CLASSICS... Party hits that stand the test of time.. This is the place to party... Whatever condition you may be in! Turn on PARTY CITY!

It will come on when Radio Hanukah ends!

Looks like it will be on XM 38 and Sirius 3.

crazeecarroll

Oct 18, 2008
Ya Know as CRAZEE as it sounds I think that would be an awesome channel... Too bad it is just a temp channel, but think of it most people have some sort of party going on or eventhough it seems light years away a lot of people during the summer have a lot of outdoor parties, BBQ's, etc... That could be the perfect soundtrack for a fun afternoon/evening of great music... Music Choice has Party Hits and I have a blast listening to it because it is all uptempo feelgood music... CC

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Yeah they (XM) do this every year, this is sort of a bring in the new year channel.

Party City... New Year's Eve soundtrack now on XM 38. You'll hear not only big party hits but also BLASTERS... those big party hits.. and CLASSICS... Party hits that stand the test of time.. This is the place to party... Whatever condition you may be in! Turn on PARTY CITY!

It will come on when Radio Hanukah ends!

Looks like it will be on XM 38 and Sirius 3.

I think it will also be just another temporary channel until probably the first monday of the year then we will see love return. I tell you guys this is another blessing of the merger we are getting these channels like Party City to play on Sirius because in the past Sirius never did this type of channel.

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
I heard the ad again. It was indeed for Party City, which is just a temporary "ring in the new year" thing...no new channel.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I was just wondering if Party City was coming back this year. I loved that channel. The countdown for each time zone, the hourly playing of that U2 song, the playlist with songs like "Everybody's Having Sex." Ahhh, good times. :)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
The XM side has always been more creative in terms of programming and special in my opinion it is the very reason as much as I loved Sirius that I never canceled my XM sub. Today I only have an XM sub, though that doesn't really matter since it still Sirius XM.

I remember this channel from the past and it is a great one to bring in the new year!

It is stuff like this that Sirius XM can do that Slacker, Pandora and other Internet Radio services just can't touch!

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I was just wondering if Party City was coming back this year. I loved that channel. The countdown for each time zone, the hourly playing of that U2 song, the playlist with songs like "Everybody's Having Sex." Ahhh, good times. :)

Yes, I played this channel at my house before going out New Years Eve last year. A very good channel.