Just got back from a Dept. of Defense meeting. I'm going to give Gates a DRC shirt.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Lay some skin on him from me. That guy is a real mensch. One of the best things to happen to our military since about 1776.:agree:

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
The most important question is how did your Dress Causal turn out? Did the chicks like it?

I was pissed. A bunch of frickin COLs showed up in ACUs (or, whatever the Navy calls their uniform). Then again, I was probably treated better than I would have been otherwise. A "captain" in the Navy is an O-6. So when I said I was "Captain" so-and-so, I think a lot of them just assumed I was an O-6.

It was crazy as shit to see this process though. This thing we wrote is going to Obama in a few weeks. It's literally outlining the US response to a health emergency.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I was pissed. A bunch of frickin COLs showed up in ACUs (or, whatever the Navy calls their uniform). Then again, I was probably treated better than I would have been otherwise. A "captain" in the Navy is an O-6. So when I said I was "Captain" so-and-so, I think a lot of them just assumed I was an O-6.

It was crazy as shit to see this process though. This thing we wrote is going to Obama in a few weeks. It's literally outlining the US response to a health emergency.

See how politics work.

The guy paying asian midgets to bang him is the one with the presidents ear. I can't wait till Obama reads how a certain Army Captain feels that to prevent H1N1 there shoudl be mandatory blowjobs from hookers.

Why do I NOT feel good about our ability to respond to an OUTBREAK?

Just kidding, BMF. That must have been a super cool experience.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
See how politics work.

The guy paying asian midgets to bang him is the one with the presidents ear. I can't wait till Obama reads how a certain Army Captain feels that to prevent H1N1 there shoudl be mandatory blowjobs from hookers.

Why do I NOT feel good about our ability to respond to an OUTBREAK?

Just kidding, BMF. That must have been a super cool experience.

Not as cool as I was thinking it would be. I was sitting next to the assistant to the secretary of defense and, although I can say he was a smart mofo, I think I could probably choke him out without much problem. I'll choke him out next time and put a DRC sticker on him as my "finishing move".

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
It's amazing how smart, yet inefficient, upper levels of government are. All I saw were egos. It was 2 days of egos battling each other. The question of "how" to get things done is always surpassed by "don't step on anyones toes".

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Not as cool as I was thinking it would be. I was sitting next to the assistant to the secretary of defense and, although I can say he was a smart mofo, I think I could probably choke him out without much problem. I'll choke him out next time and put a DRC sticker on him as my "finishing move".

See, that is exactly how my mind works too. Often, when I'm in meetings with people FAR above me, my mind really wanders to weird places where I imagine myself doing extremely bizarre things that would undoubtedly get me fired.

Next time you're in this meeting, please work in some sort of Sat. Rad phrase like

"I understand Mr. Secretary but what are we going to do if H1n1 comes in on the backside and gets our hospitals all banged up jones?"

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
See, that is exactly how my mind works too. Often, when I'm in meetings with people FAR above me, my mind really wanders to weird places where I imagine myself doing extremely bizarre things that would undoubtedly get me fired.

Next time you're in this meeting, please work in some sort of Sat. Rad phrase like

"I understand Mr. Secretary but what are we going to do if H1n1 comes in on the backside and gets our hospitals all banged up jones?"

The guy next to me was from MedCom... and he had an "XM radio" keychain.

:bigclap:

Reactions: Vargas

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm not gonna say the government is efficient, but we get shit done. Chemical/bio/nuc/radio attack... you'll see me at your doorstep. We're good at what we do at the boot-on-ground level.

And I promise you, you will be happy to see me.

Please have the growler in one hand and the hot Asian babe in the other, and a DRC logo patch on your uniform.

Big pimpin!

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I think the Army is pretty OK with banging midget retards, as long as they don't have the same genitals as the solider doing the banging.

fineware

Nov 8, 2008
Remington, VA
It's amazing how smart, yet inefficient, upper levels of government are. All I saw were egos. It was 2 days of egos battling each other. The question of "how" to get things done is always surpassed by "don't step on anyones toes".

And this surprises you? You already said you were working with a bunch of O-6's. BTW: Major is almost halfway down the road to that 5/6 lobotomy. Don't make the mistake. :Smiley_wink: