Jon's Favorite Songs

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
This was the perfect cover song for Cash. As intense as the original is, Cash brings a personal emotion to it. The album it's on also contains Cash covering Depeche Mode's Personal Jesus.
I have the 'Unearthed' box set with that and more, got it as a Christmas present a few years back. Lots of good stuff on that one.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
While I don't necessarily consider Billy Joel underrated, I do think he doesn't get his due as a rocker and a songwriter.

These three songs demonstrate that nicely, and all happen to be personal favorites.

First, one you don't hear that often, Angry Young Man. Featuring some real good piano work.

Next, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant.

Next, a song that would fit right in lyrically with the likes of John Lennon or Warren Zevon. Pressure.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Been listening to quite a bit of indie rock lately, really liking this song from The Temper Trap, 'Fall Together'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I always liked Steely.
Saw them in concert a couple of years ago. They sounded great.
They were here with Steve Winwood a while back at Red Rocks. Wanted to catch that but couldn't. Maybe next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Since Yacht Rock is all the rage around here, figure I'd add my two cents. Featuring a good song from a fantastic album.

From the album Aja
Steely Dan
"Deacon Blues"

My favorite song from one of my favorite albums. I'm beginning to sound like Richard Christie.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
One I've been digging lately on the hard rock stations in town.

Pop Evil
Footsteps (Go higher)

Reactions: HecticArt