Johnny Benson Truckless...

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
:no::scratch::clueless: Redhorse racing announced y'day they're shutting down his truck due to lack of funds. Last year's champ...tough times....gonna miss seeing him on the track.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I heard a little TP today talking about this. May be tough for the rest of the year for the truck series.

Some of the tracks the trucks go to....I don't think they should run on the big tracks. They should run on short tracks only. If possible.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Looks like redhorse is fielding another truck after all scenedaily.com But it also looks like benson won't be driving.
The truck race this weekend also only has 32 entries on the list so far.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
The should put him in that other Circle Bar truck. Rick Crawford's teammate doesn't seem to be doing too well :worried:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Agreed. That and it's covered well on Speed TV each and every week. IMO Speed does a great job covering the sport.

Yeah they do a pretty good job on speed. Unfourtnately I'm not usually home of Fridays to catch most of the races. Thank goodness for Sirius.
Are they or have they done the mid-week race like they did the last couple years? I think it was at Bristol. That was pretty cool getting a truck race during the week.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Yeah they do a pretty good job on speed. Unfourtnately I'm not usually home of Fridays to catch most of the races. Thank goodness for Sirius.
Are they or have they done the mid-week race like they did the last couple years? I think it was at Bristol. That was pretty cool getting a truck race during the week.

Bristol - Aug 19th - Wednesday @ 7:30

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Yes, the truck Bristol race is always on Wednesday. The have a hauler parade on Thursday in downtown Bristol, so the hold the race one day earlier :)
Posted via Mobile Device