John Madden to Retire

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Wow, has it been 30 years?...:shock:

Fair winds and sails...:right:

I have the 1989 (Jan 1990) NFC Championship game on VHS (was on CBS). It's nice to watch every once in a while...:)

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
A legend, he was a good guy, but not the best broadcaster who ever lived. Frank Caliendo will be sad :cry:

Collingsworth is a great replacement, but I'm suprised they didn't woo Bret Farve :icon_wink:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
He was certainly knowledgable and entertaining when he could be kept on topic. He and Micheals tended to get into bableathons every so often though which was annoying.

I hope he enjoys his retirement.

Cris Collingsworth is knowledgable but is boring as a broadcaster.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I certainly enjoyed John, but I could tell last year he was really sort of struggling to keep up. It was time for him to retire there is no doubt about it!

I personally like Cris Collingsworth I like how Cris tells it like it is when he sees some BS going on with the NFL. Just like last year when there were a few games that had some bad officiating, Cris was on it. He didn't bite his tongue!

I think he will do a good job and I don't find him boring at all, he has played the game and has a lot of knowledge and his broadcasting skills are certainly on par with anyone else in the business now days!