John Hughes, R.I.P.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
'80s teen flick director John Hughes dies in NYC - Yahoo! News

What an incredible amount of good movies that came from the mind of John Hughes!

From Wikipedia...
"He was responsible for some of the most successful comedy films of the 1980s and 1990s, including National Lampoon's Vacation, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Weird Science, The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Uncle Buck, & Home Alone."

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Oh, well, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads...they all adore him! They think he's a righteous dude!

Well, well. Here we are. You have exactly eight hours and fifty-four minutes to think about why you're here. You may not talk, you will not move from these seats. Any questions?

Yeah. Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?

Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Yep, it's official - I am becoming an old man.... :(

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
naked blonde walks into a bar with a poodle under one arm, and a two foot salami under the other. the bartender says, i guess you won't be needing a drink. naked lady says.....oooh, shit!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Nothing - wha - what do you mean nothing good? We've seen everything good. We've seen the whole city! We went to a museum, we saw priceless works of art! We ate pancreas!

Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond.
-Ferris Bueller

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
My 11 yo daughter said she got to see Ferris Bueller at camp this summer, she loved it!

I still rember going to see Breakfast Club and Ferris Bueller when I was 13/14, like it was yesterday.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I thought he was getting younger? :scratch:

What a blessing he & his movies are/were. Home Alone is one of my favorite movies :)

God bless & comfort his family & friends :candle:
Posted via Mobile Device