John Hein Fast Food special tonight @ 7

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
there is nothing remotely worth listening to on H100/101 than the show and WUS IMHO.

I am still amazed howard has 2 channels.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
same thing that happend to Howard Stern the high school years, the remake of Porky's and Fartman. ;)

Fartman was retired. If it wasn't retired, people would complain that he would still be reaching into that same bag of tricks and he's not staying fresh.

Porky's? Apparently it's still being worked on. Other than Howard, who knows for sure? No one.

High School Years was scrapped due to production costs. He actually mentioned this on-air at least once.

What would go on the third channel? Master Tape Theatre? People already complain that it gets aired once a week?
I could see a third channel being Bubba Live...oh wait, people would complain about THAT.
Maybe put various special shows? Nope. People would complain about that.

The highlight of the third channel would be Bubba live at 11 AM ET, with the ability to run past a set end time, such as Howard does. Master Tape Theatre at night. Simulcast Howard's live show from 6 AM ET to 11 AM ET.

The funny thing? People are going to complain when there's NO Howard on the air. Take what you can get, folks. This is true for any show. When Ellis retires from radio, his fans will complain that they can't get their fix. When O&A retire, same thing. Even with Ron & Fez.

dZilla

Oct 17, 2008
Cold North
I hoestly think its that it costs money to run these shows, and lets take alook at Sirius stock options, no I'm not going to get in what Howard got for $$ or anything like that. Those shows just like any of the channels are dependent on income coming in.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
there is nothing remotely worth listening to on H100/101 than the show and WUS IMHO.

I am still amazed howard has 2 channels.

stop acting like bubba's show isn't on the same level as stern these days if not better.

also, the fast food show was actually pretty good. probably better than most of the other specialty programming I have heard in a long time.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
stop acting like bubba's show isn't on the same level as stern these days if not better.

Bubba came to hartford, CT for a bit and he sucked. I don't think he lasted long. I tried bubba on sirius, and I just can't get into it. Again, its my OPINION, and you know what they say about opinions...

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

also, the fast food show was actually pretty good. probably better than most of the other specialty programming I have heard in a long time.

I wonder how many of those "Bubba sucks on terrestrial" are the same people that said that Howard was better on terrestrial, because he had something to rail against. Of course, now they're all at Ellis uncensored, even though Howard's FM show was better than Howard's Sirius show.

Huh?

I've said it before, and i'll say it right now. There really isn't any difference between MTT on Sundays, and BTLS Monday through Thursday.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008

But... it's not about how things turn out, it's the perception of what the show may be that is more important for complaint fodder...

:pokey:

dZilla

Oct 17, 2008
Cold North
Bubba's show is not Howard's......

You ca't compare the two... they are for two different audiences, but there is a cross between the two types of listeners.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Bubba's show is not Howard's......

You ca't compare the two... they are for two different audiences, but there is a cross between the two types of listeners.

personally, i'm not the typical howard listener and I damn for sure am not the typical bubba listener, however, I enjoy listening to both shows!

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Did anyone actually listen to the Fast Food show? If so, what was Jon Hein's favorite place...Wendy's?