hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
:clueless: When the hell was she on last? Less than a month ago? :clueless:

Thank god for Ellis.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Flafla Flunky just said she's as hot (popular) as she's ever been. Wow.... I have to say I think he's waaaay out of touch.

Just because she was roasted and has a new tv show doesn't mean she's current or relevant or popular.

This was a flop for me.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I changed the channel after verifying that I wasn't listening to a fucking repeat. So lame. Joan Rivers"? COME ON GUYS! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
I was disappointed to see they were having her on again but figured I would give it a listen. I made it through the first 5 minutes of the segment then changed the channel because it was just as pointless and uninteresting as I thought it would be.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
The sad part about it is how they kissed her ass. The brought up the Mellissa thing but didn't rip into her about it like they should.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I could be persuaded to give this booking a pass because of the mileage they got out of Robin's appearance on the roast, but not if it's a long segment, and boring, and not if Howard doesn't give her crap for the Melissa joke censoring. The roast ratings weren't too good either, so relevance isn't a good argument for continually having her on so much.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Knowing how Booey takes care of the booking, by not actively looking for guests and waiting for people to call them, I don't see how this surprises people anymore.

Personally, I'm not really surprised.

I just figure you can't have it both ways. What I mean by that is, basically, Howard claims to be at the top of the food chain in the media industry. I liken that to be on par with Letterman and Leno being able to get A-list celebrities.

This obviously isn't the case on two levels.

1) He's NOT the super star he claims to be and can't demand A-list celebs

or (and I'm sure DLM is on board with this)

2) Is too lazy to really make an effort to get those A-listers, which, de facto, bounces him from the media top-dog spot.

Either way, Joan Rivers sucks and isn't relevant to me as an older twenty-something year old.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I'm so glad they added her segment to the best of the week! :clap:

Oh man, me too! And it was the first bit I heard when I woke up this morning - doesn't get any better than that!

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Part of it is making believe that TV Land is a "real" network since Beth O's show will be on that channel.

its not even tv land. its the tv guide channel. aka your preview guide. I couldn't even tell u what channel that is on my tv, since damn near everyone in the world has some kinda digital menu on their cable/satellite system

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
No love for Joan here? You people are lower than a poker player. A POKER PLAYER!!!

BTW, the reason her roast wasn't as good as some others was Joan's criteria to be on it, i.e. no Lisa Lampanelli, No Artie, No Melissa jokes :bigcry: etc.

Last edited:

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
I could be persuaded to give this booking a pass because of the mileage they got out of Robin's appearance on the roast, but not if it's a long segment, and boring, and not if Howard doesn't give her crap for the Melissa joke censoring. The roast ratings weren't too good either, so relevance isn't a good argument for continually having her on so much.

How could Hoard the hypocrite critisize Joan for censorship? Sal's roast comments regarding Beth almost got him fired, so any future Stern roast comments will be heavily watered down, as the roasters wll refrain from upsetting Hoard - in other words, defeating the purpose of a roast.

Hoard Stern - Leading the revolution for free speech*

* Disclaimer - As long as said free speech isn't derogatory to Mr. Stern, his family, or fellow Hamptonites.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I think Joan is awesome. She's an icon. Legendary, and I'm so glad that we're seeing her while she's still lewd and obnoxious. lol

We're seeing her for the first time in Oct, and it's gonna be a great night. Decent venue, with REAL bartenders (for a change). They make whatever ya want, it's not the deal where you have 8 things (mostly beer) where you have to choose off a posted "menu". :rolleyes:

And there's a good upscale-Italian restaurant right next door. They have a bar, and although they knew that we were just there for drinks (we've only been to this restaurant and venue once before), they sat us at a table (even though the place was packed) and they were perfectly OK with it. We liked it. It's a great place to hang out before the show. And you can take your time... PAC (right next door) is all assigned seating, so there's no waiting on line, etc. You can walk in any time that ya want.

It's guaranteed to be a really good night out!

;)

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

No love for Joan here? You people are lower than a poker player. A POKER PLAYER!!!

BTW, the reason her roast wasn't as good as some others was Joan's criteria to be on it, i.e. no Lisa Lampanelli, No Artie, No Melissa jokes :bigcry: etc.

Yeah the little I heard of the segment, she mentioned who they invited and who "couldn't be there" I think Lilly Tomlin made a very wise choice in saying no.

If Joan had any balls ( I suspect she actually might :crazy:) she would have had "The Poker Player" Annie Duke on, now that would have been a roast.

But I think Annie has too much class to sink to Joan's level.

Now she would be a great guest, Gary should book Annie Duke, shes hot and by her own admission on CA she gives a great BJ. Cant imagine that she would have any trouble chatting that topic up on Howard.