Jimmy Kimmel On Elisa

wickerbill

Jan 20, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Hearing Jimmy tell Elisa she's not talented was hilarious. I'm amazed that someone like her is so delusional that she seems to believe she is a talented entertainer.

I really liked Jimmy sitting in. Hopefully he can do this more often when he's NYC.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
great call with this thread. i was thinking the same thing. it seems like benjy asked howard to chill with the elisa talk and without jimmy i dont think we would have gotten any closure on this story. i think im in the minority but i really enjoyed the benjy elisa saga. i was happy to hear jimmy bring it up. he made it even funnier. also, at the end of mondays show some guy called in and howard dumped him. im pretty sure he was saying he was a guy who had sex with elisa since the benjy breakup. i just thought it was interesting that he got dumped.

overall jimmy was great! he added a lot of fun humor during the trebek interview and was great with the elisa stuff.

just a quick twitter investigation reveals this drama is still going strong. there is all sorts of bickering by elisa and various other underlings.

Reactions: wickerbill

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Jimmy knows how to sidekick in the Artie tradition. Does not butt in too often and when he does he is funny. He, Jimmy, was kind enough not to comment on Elisa's awful voice when she get agitated. Does not go with a hot face and body.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Jimmy knows how to sidekick in the Artie tradition. Does not butt in too often and when he does he is funny. He, Jimmy, was kind enough not to comment on Elisa's awful voice when she get agitated. Does not go with a hot face and body.

having jimmy there made me miss art even more. overall the show is still the best around but its even better with a talented funnyman in that chair. its like the 90's bulls without toni kukoc, they would likely still be the best but just not the same.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Kimmel is very funny, honest, and quick-witted. I have to believe 90% of what Benjy says is an act. Nobody would honestly think that Elisa's talent is on-par with legends like James Taylor. And when Howard said that to Benjy, he replied, "but does James Taylor write his own songs?", to which Howard said "yes he does". This is something Benjy's done before - act like he knows nothing about anything. It's got to be an act.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Elisa seems like the cliche: Hot women (or just hot people in general, no sexism involved) thinking that they are more talented/intelligent than they really are because people usually kiss their ass.

Ever see that Tyra Banks experiment where she wore the fat suit. The lack of ass kissing / ridicule she experienced had her in tears. Beauty is a ticket for many freebies in life.