Jim Bruer appearance today.........PHENOMENAL!!!

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I heard the very beginning when leaving for work this morning, but I'm just now getting to hear it in its entirety. the story of his pops and john goodman was great. now the impressions were great. chappelle, tracey morgan, dave chappelle, joe pesci, and even a richard pryor impression were all great.

those chappelle stories are priceless. instant classic material.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Breuer's laugh is one of the best. I hope they isolate it and add it to Fred's bag of tricks for the news.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Must agree...this was a great interview and he is a great guest that thye should really use a little more.

He'd have been great to sit in on the old Vegas shows, Robin's News, etc.

I really like him on the show.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
the impressions were great. chappelle, tracey morgan, dave chappelle, joe pesci, and even a richard pryor impression were all great.

I agree, all of the impressions were spot-on. But I think he saved the best for last. That Lars Ulrich story...wow. "Are you ffffffffuckin kiddin me? I ffffffuckin worked hard for this fffffuckin pack of cigarettes."

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I wasn't sure about him and it seem like he was on waay to recently (Hank had a very good point about Gilbert but it could be that he is actually....touring instead of just playing Caroline's). But he delivered! Great stories in those often very accurate voices. I lost it hearing about Goodman drinking 5 of Jim's dad's beers! Might be worth checking out his show...In fact, might be a decent replacement for Howard on Fridays (rather than some guy he kicked out of his own morning slot 20+ years ago).

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

Didn't catch his appearance on Howard today, but I did read a story very recently about how he cleaned up his act and is trying to make it more family accessible.

I am guessing he didn't get away with that on Howard's show.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
Bruer always annoyed me with that stoner attitude but he's great when he talks about Tracy Morgan and his dad.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
My favorite part of that segment was when he did his Richard Pryor impression for a couple of seconds.