Jet crashes in San Diego neighborhood

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
CNN is saying possibly a grandmother, mother, and 2 kids dead. :(

Man, I am not a good flyer, I have an irrational fear of it, even though I do it all the time (alcohol helps). A plane crashing into my house never even crosses my mind, imagine the luck!:eek:

Learjet35A

Oct 14, 2008
Burbank, CA
I heard a report on KCAL9 News in LA that the mailman had just delivered at that house and he was only three or four houses away when he saw it coming down. What a scary visual that would be, especially since some mailmen usually know the residents they deliver to regularly pretty well.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I remember when Aeroméxico Flight 498 crashed in Cerritos, CA back in 1986. We used to live about a mile or so where the plane came down. Moved away in 1979, but kept the house until 1984.

82 people died. 15 were in the area of the crash. I remember the news interviewing a guy who had gone out to the store to pick some stuff up when the plane hit his house, killing everyone inside. Very scary...:(

Learjet35A

Oct 14, 2008
Burbank, CA
I went to that crash site in the early 90's and there was still a blackened wall that was never changed or painted over so it's a constant reminder for the people who live there.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I remember the Cerritos crash from when I was a kid and we had just moved to Southern CA. That was a horrible accident that lead to a lot of changes in the airspace layout of the LA Basin.

Looks like this San Diego crash killed the whole family of the guy who owns the house. I can't even comprehend how bad that must be for the guy. It's something you think about when you live in the vicinity of an airport as airplanes come and go (we used to have cargo planes over us all the time when Norton AFB was an active base). I also feel bad for the pilot, assuming that the crash wasn't his fault. At some point you have zero control and can do nothing but get out. It's got to be horrible knowing that your aircraft wiped out a couple kids and their mom.