Jesse Ventura walks off the O&A show (video).

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
This is actually a pretty good example of why I don't listen to O&A. This is not how to do radio and I really take offense to a pussy like Norton baiting Ventura into a fight. I don't care what you think of his opinions, the guy served with honor and has done some great stuff. Have some respect. In my opinion, 90% of what Jesse is saying right now is a work because he's promoting a new show. You could tell Ventura was calculating how much it would cost him in a lawsuit to punch that loud mouthed midget. I have no patience for people that talk shit while hiding behind the law. Norton would have been a lot more respectful if it was man-on-man and no lawsuits were possible.

Jesse Ventura in Heated Stand-Off with Comic | TMZ.com

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
This is actually a pretty good example of why I don't listen to O&A. This is not how to do radio and I really take offense to a pussy like Norton baiting Ventura into a fight. I don't care what you think of his opinions, the guy served with honor and has done some great stuff. Have some respect. In my opinion, 90% of what Jesse is saying right now is a work because he's promoting a new show. You could tell Ventura was calculating how much it would cost him in a lawsuit to punch that loud mouthed midget. I have no patience for people that talk shit while hiding behind the law. Norton would have been a lot more respectful if it was man-on-man and no lawsuits were possible.

Jesse Ventura in Heated Stand-Off with Comic | TMZ.com

I've tried to listen to them on a few different occasions shortly after I got the Best of XM upgrade to my lifetime sub, and I was falling asleep when I was listening. I gave their show an honest few tries, but I thought their show was dull everytime.

Ventura should know his place on satellite radio, and that's on Howard's couch.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
But isn't it the same law you're fighting for that Norton has the right to cower behind?

You can't have it both way, bro.

Artie Lange is pretty out of control and would have crushed Norton - does that make him "more right"?

Shit, either way, it's compelling radio.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
It was dreck... Pure dreck. Good for Jesse to walk out on them. He should have done it sooner.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: hexagram

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
God Jesse was such a douche. Norton made a good well argued point at the 2 minute mark and Ventura just wouldn't discuss it with him because it didn't fit his agenda. Fuck that. It ain't your show.

Then it got ugly, but I kinda feel that was the pro wrestler in Jesse coming out.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
When you book Jesse Ventura, you know he's going to bring a bunch of crazy opinions. Knowing that he's crazy, you don't then sandbag the guy and start calling him out on the craziness. If you don't like his insane opinions, don't have him on.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
But isn't it the same law you're fighting for that Norton has the right to cower behind?

You can't have it both way, bro.

Artie Lange is pretty out of control and would have crushed Norton - does that make him "more right"?

Shit, either way, it's compelling radio.

He's a little dog barking behind a closed door.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Or, lets call it what it really is:

O@A trying once again to OUT Howard, Howard.

When will they realize that nobody really cares about that feud anymore. Just do a good show and shut up.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I've tried to listen to O&A a few times out of curiosity but I've always felt that there's a "meanness" to the show that I just don't like. It seems to also be reflected in the fans of the show. This interview with Ventura really demonstrates that. If you're going to have a guest on your show, you treat them like a guest. It's one thing to bash on callers or even have the little radio wars, but to sandbag and bash a guest is uncalled for. I'm pretty sure all the people listening to the interview were pretty aware that Ventura is a nutball, Norton didn't need to call him out on it and then play the little tough guy by challenging Ventura to hit him.

Reactions: TSS Taylor

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
norton filled up on tough guy juice that morning I guess. imagine that little dickwad trying to get stiff with anyone much less a guy with jesse's background. that situation cried out for a 1/2 hour full-nelson

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I dunno guys. I enjoyed it.

They both were taking themselves entirely too seriously; which, to me, made it funny/interesting radio.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Meanness = brutally honest?

Being "brutally honest" to somebody that you invite in because you KNOW that they're nutty is just stupid. That's like Stern having Wendy the Retard on so that he can berate her for being stupid. Ventura is a whackjob, O&A knew this WAY prior to him coming in. The point is to let him be nutty because it's entertaining. Also, the "go ahead and hit me" shit is just stupid. Norton knew full and well that Ventura was not going to hit him so he used it as an opportunity to try and play the tough guy.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Weighing the two, meaning Jesse on Howard and Jesse on O&A, I think I would prefer to hear more dialog between the two, the exchange of ideas and thoughts, but I believe that I respect a host to be more up front and honest like Norton was than to what Howard and the gang were when Jesse was in....twice.

Gary waited until after Jesse left before he came in to tell Howard how angry people were in the backroom. And the end argument is always, if you piss off the guest they might end up leaving. Yeah, I don't know which is better, but seeing that Howard's show will be the show that talks around their true feelings, it's perfectly fine that O&A's show is the one where something like this can happen.

It won't happen again, because he'll never be on their show again, but he will be on Howard's show and perhaps Howard will talk about it....or then again....maybe he won't.

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
I've been listening to O&A a lot lately, and I've never heard Norton go off the deep end like that before. Reminds me of some of Artie's blow-ups. They can both be brilliant comedians as long as they're not taking things too seriously.