Jesse Ventura: Brilliant - until the 9/11 stuff.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Buildings are MADE to collapse like the towers did. They're designed specifically to collapse inward, quickly, in the event of extreme structural damage. All modern buildings are made to avoid collateral damage in the event of collapse.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
i don't understand the conspiricies surrounding the collapse of the buildings. It takes 5mins of research to debunk every single myth.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
The 9-11 conspiracies make no sense to me. No matter what elaborate plans they come up with, they've never come up with a motive. Those building were built light, and the main supports were the skin of the building. Puncture that with a jet airliner and flame torch the steel with ignited jet fuel, and that structure will fall like heated butter. As for Building 7, it's foundation was a bit wonky anyway since it had to be built around an electrical substation.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
Conspiracy Theories are something the human mind just gravitates towards. I dont know/understand why. Having said that...

Kennedy was offed by LBJ
Roswell happened

:smug:

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
I enjoyed the interview.. but I usually do when he is on..but this 9/11 conspiracy thing is totally wacked..and kinda repetitive..didn't they already cover this the last time he was in??

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
The thing with 9/11 conspiracy theories is that you have to assume that the government is competent enough to pull something like that off. I find it much easier to believe that the government is just incompetent and screwed up preventing the attacks.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
The thing with 9/11 conspiracy theories is that you have to assume that the government is competent enough to pull something like that off. I find it much easier to believe that the government is just incompetent and screwed up preventing the attacks.

Bingo. Bush was given a memo entitled “Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.†The US Government is not competent in any frickin way.

Reactions: jamesp717

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Whenever a building is set to be demolished, a LOT of preperation has to happen. A lot of the stuff that can be reused in a new building is removed, and the building is even cut up in places so the implosion happens easier.

There is NO WAY any of the above stuff happens in NYC without millions of people noticing, even if the prep work takes place in the overnight hours.

As for the news reporter's comments? That day was confusing and things happened very fast. It was QUITE easy for even the best news reporters to mistakenly announce things.

The buildings themselves DID survive the plane crashes. What they did NOT survive was the intense heat of the fires. That metal, any metal, was going to bend and weaken.

Jesse Ventura is an asshole.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Well...I don't know if i would call him an ass. I completely agree on A LOT of what he has to say, but he is an ass when he talks about 9-11. Its too bad really, he seems like a smart guy

Exactly. He's an asshole for suggesting conspiracies on the part of the US government.

"a secret agreement between two or more people to perform an unlawful act."

Ok, so there was a conspiracy on behalf of Bin Laden, but not the USA.

dZilla

Oct 17, 2008
Cold North
But conspiracy theories have some sort of basis in reality and thats the issue.

Watch the movie Zeitgiest, the last portion of the movie deals with 9/11 rather convincing in my opinion.

But you take a look at history, and numerous civilizations and governments have taken advantage of society and perpetrated attacks on their own nation and induced fear to accomplish things. And so many ppl don't look at history and how it repeats itself over and over again.

Is it possible that in this day and age of technology and how quickly information is exchanged that a conspiracy on this magnitute occur, probably not, but I unfortunately as much as I want to beleive that its out of the realm of possibility I don't think it is.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I think it is. Remember, we're greedy capitalist pigs here in this country. We don't want the markets to tank, and 9-11 caused them to tank.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I really don't understand the whole conspiracy theory surrounding 9/11. A lot of people would have had to have been involved to pull that off in an organized sort of way. Other than some "theories", there has been no concrete evidence to prove the conspiracy case. But it works well if you want to get some publicity or sell some books.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Buildings are MADE to collapse like the towers did. They're designed specifically to collapse inward, quickly, in the event of extreme structural damage. All modern buildings are made to avoid collateral damage in the event of collapse.

What a turbo charged douche nozzle. I do this for a living, and I can promise you that the entire design intent is that they DON'T fall down. If the towers would have been hit lower at an angle that would have taken out a corner and clipped an elevator shaft, I doubt they would have stood for 5 minutes, and they certainly would have tipped instead of pancaked. The structural analysis on those buildings did compensate for an accidental aircraft strike, but didn't account for the explosion and fireball from the burning jet fuel of a fully loaded 747. The steel had fireproofing (makes them look like a Chia Pet) that got blown off of the steel from the intense explosion. (Not something an engineer would have expected back then.) The fact of the matter is, if someone tries hard enough any building is coming down. It took Bin Laden 2 tries to get the WTC, and how how long did it take us to catch him? . . . . Oh, that's right. . . .

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
The 9-11 conspiracies make no sense to me. No matter what elaborate plans they come up with, they've never come up with a motive. Those building were built light, and the main supports were the skin of the building. Puncture that with a jet airliner and flame torch the steel with ignited jet fuel, and that structure will fall like heated butter. As for Building 7, it's foundation was a bit wonky anyway since it had to be built around an electrical substation.

I'm not a 9/11 conspiracist (or "9/11 truthers", as I've called them), but the motive I believe is clear. Start a war to keep the Republicans in power (worked for a while) and build up the military as well as money for other sectors (Halliburton anyone?). There have been many pre-9/11 Neo Con ramblings saying that the Untied States needed something like this. What's the motive?

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Funny I don't think you people are hearing what Jessie is saying. He's not saying the Government blew up the building, he's saying BASED ON THE LAWS OF PHYSICS that even if the building was designed to fall into itself it's still not going to FREE FALL.

I'm PRETTY SURE that I've seen enough to believe the planes did heat the inner structure until it pulled itself down BUT FREE FALL?????

Laws of physics do not have exceptions and that's what Jessie is looking for an explaination of. HOW DID THESE BUILDINGS FREE FALL PAST THE FIRST FEW BRITTLE LEVELS?

There were people alive only a few stories below impact. The free fall SHOULD have slowed when it hit these levels.