Jay leno to return to 11:30.....conan out!!! Says tmz

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I remember Conan was on Howard's show way back when he was first starting out at NBC and he was pretty honest about everything. If Conan went on Howard to vent, that would make for some excellent radio.

Yeah, they just played that on History.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
I remember Conan was on Howard's show way back when he was first starting out at NBC and he was pretty honest about everything. If Conan went on Howard to vent, that would make for some excellent radio.
Yeah, but Bababooey is currently working on booking Joan Rivers instead.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Hahahah, this silly Leno. Too bad for Conan. Howard predicted all this would happen. Conan should bounce out, maybe go to Fox and try a late night spot there. The tonight show is a franchise, but it's a tired one now. Seeing Conan in that spot proves it. Leno won't be able to resurrect it with a half hour.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Hahahah, this silly Leno. Too bad for Conan. Howard predicted all this would happen. Conan should bounce out, maybe go to Fox and try a late night spot there. The tonight show is a franchise, but it's a tired one now. Seeing Conan in that spot proves it. Leno won't be able to resurrect it with a half hour.

I hope your right. I hope this fails worse than his 10PM show and NBC looks even dumber for not giving Conan a chance. Leno got beat by Dave in the Beginning too..
I hope this ruins everything late night at NBC.
I'm a huge Conan fan.

Reactions: HecticArt

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Maybe Conan can have the Artie Chair?

Has this all been an elaborate ploy?

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I realize that but then we'd have threads about everything semi-related to Howard Stern.

Maybe I should make a thread about Engagement Chicken because Howard once ate it.

See my point?

I was wondering the same thing.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
We'll see about that tomorrow when Howard spends the first hour talking about it. He'll probably open with this.

Then he'll talk about it again when Steve Langford comes in to suck his balls, "Howard Stern was right. Jay Leno is out."

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I hope your right. I hope this fails worse than his 10PM show and NBC looks even dumber for not giving Conan a chance. Leno got beat by Dave in the Beginning too..
I hope this ruins everything late night at NBC.
I'm a huge Conan fan.

Let the network tank. Conan is so much funnier than Jay.
If they pay him the 45 mil and let him out of his contract, he'll go over to Fox and whip Jay's ass in the ratings.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I realize that but then we'd have threads about everything semi-related to Howard Stern.

Maybe I should make a thread about Engagement Chicken because Howard once ate it.

See my point?

What difference does it make? GEEZ!

How about just enjoying the thread, I don't understand the nitpicking!

I don't think Jay Leno should get a 2nd chance on latenight! I much prefer Conan to Jay myself and if they do this, then I think Conan would have grounds to get them on breach of contract and get a lot of money! I'd make them bastards pay!

Reactions: HecticArt

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
What difference does it make? GEEZ!

Not everyone has access to the Howard Stern sub-forums.

This conversation may appeal to a broader audience. We, as Stern fans, don't have a monopoly of things quasi-Stern related.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter to me.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Not everyone has access to the Howard Stern sub-forums.

This conversation may appeal to a broader audience. We, as Stern fans, don't have a monopoly of things quasi-Stern related.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter to me.

If they want it they can have it! It isn't off limits, you just have to go through an additional layer due to the level of obscenities that may be presented.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I don't know if Conan would beat Jay in head-to-head ratings since Jay had a bigger but older audience.

If you go to TMZ and read the comments, it's clear that old farts and midwesterners enjoy Jay's lame corny humor.

Remember, one of the biggest comedians is Larry the Cable Guy. Oh and don't forget that redneck with the puppets. Both terrible but apparently the hillbillies and rednecks dictate what gets show on tv.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I don't know if Conan would beat Jay in head-to-head ratings since Jay had a bigger but older audience.

If you go to TMZ and read the comments, it's clear that old farts and midwesterners enjoy Jay's lame corny humor.

Remember, one of the biggest comedians is Larry the Cable Guy. Oh and don't forget that redneck with the puppets. Both terrible but apparently the hillbillies and rednecks dictate what gets show on tv.

True, but the advertisers are looking for the younger (money spending) audience. That's the main reason NBC picked up Conan in the first place. They should have just let Jay go in the first place.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
So why don't they let Jay go and that's it?

I can't imagine a 30 minute Jay Leno show. Jay should be the bigger man and say goodbye. If this leads to Conan leaving, he's a real jerk.

Did anyone catch the opening of Conan on Friday. He joked about having to follow Jay AGAIN. Didn't seem to happy.

I would say that Conan going to Fox would be a good move but nothing on Fox succeeds at that time.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
So why don't they let Jay go and that's it?

I can't imagine a 30 minute Jay Leno show. Jay should be the bigger man and say goodbye. If this leads to Conan leaving, he's a real jerk.

Did anyone catch the opening of Conan on Friday. He joked about having to follow Jay AGAIN. Didn't seem to happy.

I would say that Conan going to Fox would be a good move but nothing on Fox succeeds at that time.

If Conan waits them out and they let him go, it's a big ass payday for Coco!