Jay leno to return to 11:30.....conan out!!! Says tmz

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
NBC Shakeup -- Jay Leno Comes Out on Top | TMZ.com

Jay Leno is going back to his 11:30 PM time slot, and it's looking like Conan O'Brien is the odd man out ... sources tell TMZ.

We've learned Jay's 10:00 PM show will go on hiatus February 1. After the Olympics, Jay will take back his 11:30 PM time slot. What has not been decided -- whether Jay's show will be a half hour, followed by Conan, or whether Jay's show will be an hour and NBC says sayonara to Mr. O'Brien.

We're told Jay and Conan have both been told of the changes. As for Jay, interestingly, he'll get what he always wanted -- his 11:30 PM time slot.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I can't believe this. I prefer Conan over Leno. Jay is a big fucking bore.

Why did NBC do this to begin with? Were they trying to devalue Conan and then get rid of him and knowing the whole time they would bring back Jay to 11:30?

What a joke.

Wasn't Conan promised $40 million if they decided not to keep him? Guess NBC's strategy is to keep him out of the public eye for the next five years and pay him off.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
No doubt the source called TMZ, TMZ called NBC to confirm and NBC put out that article before TMZ did their story.

I believe TMZ more than anyone else these days.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
Conan is better than Leno but honestly all those shows are fucking horrible. The guests really are the worst. Everything is scripted down to a T.

Howard is going to have an aneurysm over this, lol!
Why?

He was exactly right about everything.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
I used to be a big Conan fan but I got tired of his schtick and switched to Craig Ferguson a few years back. That being said, he's still talented and he still comes up with really good bits, William Shatner reading Sarah Palin's speech as beat poetry was inspired.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
NBC is interested in one thing... $$$

Conan is probably not pulling in the numbers that Jay used to, and they are already thinking change.

I wouldn't imagine Jay is pulling in a big audience in his present time slot either.

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
Isn't this exactly what Howard predicted would happen? Conan should have listened to him and kept his 12:30 show. Now he'll be out in the cold (albeit $40 M richer). Which is too bad, I like watching Conan.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
Conan is better than Leno but honestly all those shows are fucking horrible. The guests really are the worst. Everything is scripted down to a T.

Why?

He was exactly right about everything.

Because Jay will be back on at 11:30pm.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
LOL, if Jay goes back to his old slot at 11:30pm, I THINK Howard will be pissed. Understand?

Why would he be pissed? I distinctly remember him saying that while he didn't like his show, Leno always beat Letterman at 11:30.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Isn't this exactly what Howard predicted would happen? Conan should have listened to him and kept his 12:30 show. Now he'll be out in the cold (albeit $40 M richer). Which is too bad, I like watching Conan.

Conan to ABC? They already have Nightline, though.

I used to think Conan's monologue's were horrible, but over the past year or so, i've really warmed up to him. "Funny" is relative, but the bottom line is advertising dollars and ratings. Whoever wins there, wins the 11:30 spot.

If people were turning away from NBC at 10 and staying away, it may make some sense that Conan is out.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
my question is....is conan out, or is fallon out????

either way. if conan gets canned, he'll have a golden parachute to cushion the blow.

But Andy Richter must be thinking at this point that he's a curse for television.