I've Had It With In-depth High Pitch Eric And Big Foot

wickerbill

Jan 20, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Oh, and kind of proving my point on different strokes for different folks, I kind of enjoyed the two Lieberman whack pack specials. I don't really see them as exploiting Big Foot and HP Eric because they're getting stuff in return. Eric is living a much better life because of the show than he would be without it. His life is still awful, but he gets quite a few perks because of his connection to the show.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Back on topic, I love these bits. I have a hard time accepting it as exploitative when the exploitee himself exploits the situation for his benefit. To a lesser extent Bigfoot and to a greater extent HPE, they both have certainly benefited.

Lieberman also does a great job covering these things. It is without a doubt pure sociology/cultural anthropology (Wack Pack culture). To go over the minutia of their day-to-day lives is fascinating. Put this s*** on the National Geographic channel! I would set up a DVR season recording.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Eric is certainly an exploiter himself, and he seems to have just the right IQ to be capable of making really bad decisions, which are mostly hilarious. But with people like him, I always wonder where his family is, and why there's no caretaker for him, to get him out of this cycle of dependency and downward spiraling health.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Eric is certainly an exploiter himself, and he seems to have just the right IQ to be capable of making really bad decisions, which are mostly hilarious. But with people like him, I always wonder where his family is, and why there's no caretaker for him, to get him out of this cycle of dependency and downward spiraling health.

His mother passed away a few years ago. I don't know if I can fault the family. I have some knuckleheads in my extended family that I had to cut out of my life. We all have to sail our own boat in this world.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I suspect the reduction in posting has to do with the changes in the show (there are plenty of negative posts going on over at HSN and it seems busy ) such as the focus on long interviews, no more wars, no road trips, no Artic, fewer events such as the amputee beauty contest, fewer tantrums, the three day and often two day schedule. As I have said, my favorite thing is Howard, Robin and Fred shooting the shit and it's hard to do a positive post about that every day .. although I have done it from time to time. What can you say other than that you liked it? Hard to get a discussion going on that subject.