Itunes Really Sucks

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have been having a very strange issue with iTunes. It started happening before the last update and continues with iTunes12.

Firstly, I have gotten a lot of music from greatest hits packages. This means the year tagged on a particular song is often that of the Greatest Hits package rather than when the actual song was released. Earlier this year, I decided to correct that. So I added the correct year to most of my tracks which did not have it. One of my playlists I actually sort by the year so I get a collection of hits moving from 1977 --> 1985.

The problem is that iTunes seems to scramble the years on a select set of songs for no particular reason. It seems to so so whenever I open the iTunes store for ANY reason. And it does not scramble to the original date of the greatest hits album. Its something completely random. For example, the first song on my playlist becomes Gloria by Laura Branigan with a new year assigned of 1970. If I play or do a Get Info on this track, it immediately fixes itself and moves back to 1982 both in the setting and position on playlist. I have a whole bunch which assign themselves years 1997 --> 2000 for no good reason.

Anyway, I feel I needed to vent and this is my venue of choice. My only conclusion is iTunes SUCKS. I also post in case there is an off chance that there is a setting "Completely Fuck Up Song Year" buried somewhere which I may have checked and somebody knows where it is.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I have no real advice to give you because I haven't encountered that problem... but, you have my sympathy.
I spent countless hours (days, weeks) fixing my thousands of songs to the year they were released or became hits.
I've got playlists for each year from 1955 through 1996 based on the year of the song. Like you, I'd be pretty upset if it all got messed up.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Truth be told I may not have noticed it as consistent behavior if I did not have the specific playlist ordered by year.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
It's
banstick.gif
time!! :p:D

Reactions: hyson and Wolf

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Latest iTunes/iOS8.1 bug: I have pretty much filled up my 64Gb iPhone5 so I had to make selections about which music I keep on my phone. On Sunday I synced again to update some photos. Turns out 1/2 the music I had said 'yes -- put on my phone' was not there. I resynced again and this seems to have fixed the issue. But there was no reason to remove 200 songs on a whim.

Once of the reasons I like Apple is because their software has always been relatively stable, moreso than Android for example (IMHO). But shit like this makes me think that if I am going to have to babysit every part of the OS, I may as well get an Android. Not a happy camper. Fortunately Slacker worked today.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Latest iTunes/iOS8.1 bug: I have pretty much filled up my 64Gb iPhone5 so I had to make selections about which music I keep on my phone. On Sunday I synced again to update some photos. Turns out 1/2 the music I had said 'yes -- put on my phone' was not there. I resynced again and this seems to have fixed the issue. But there was no reason to remove 200 songs on a whim.

Once of the reasons I like Apple is because their software has always been relatively stable, moreso than Android for example (IMHO). But shit like this makes me think that if I am going to have to babysit every part of the OS, I may as well get an Android. Not a happy camper. Fortunately Slacker worked today.
This is definitely a bug with iPOS8.1. It is deleting songs now for no reason without even syncing.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
iTunes has fucked up my library producing duplicates galore which has triggered an iPOS bug. I am really starting to hate Apple. Completely shitty quality control across the board.
Not to mention you seem to have the worst luck with this stuff.. All the updates that work just fine on my devices seem to cause problems on yours.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Have you been on an Apple forum to see if other are having this problem?

IdRatherBeSkiiing,

Watch going to those forums and asking questions. I check out some when my iPad got screwed up from the update. There are so many douche bags in some of them. I went to Apple Insider and someone was asking questions talking about a problem with the iPad and iPhone. Man they got hammered. People called him a liar and said he doesn't own any Apple products. All he was trying to do was get some help. There was one guy that has like 36,000 posts in like 3 years hammering the poor guy. I know there are idiots everywhere but on that forum their douche bags I would love to meet in person.

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I just googled my issue and got the answer. I know there are places where you dare not suggest that Apple could have a bug.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HecticArt