iTunes gift cards cracked....

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Chicago (IL) - Apparently fake iTunes gift cards are the next big thing in the underground cybercriminal world. Earlier this week, Chinese hackers enabled this new "business" by cracking the algorithm used to generate the voucher codes printed on real prepaid iTunes Gift Cards. As a result, a slurry of fake iTunes cards began popping up all over the web, enabling a consumer to buy a valid voucher code that could be redeemed at the iTunes Store for music, movies and TV shows purchases. The $200 iTunes gift cards are selling for as low as $2.60 -- if you are willing to shop on Asian web sites using credit card processing firms most westerners have never heard of.
TG Daily - Fake iTunes cards challenge Apple's iTunes business

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Hmmm, do I want to give guys in the business of hacking cards my credit card info?

I HATE gift cards. Such a stupid way to ruin perfectly good cash. "I don't want to put enough thought into selecting you a gift, but I will limit your choices to a store or two..." Thanks for that slight effort...:mad:

And don't even get me started on how much money is wasted on un-redeemed cards and little leftover balances and cards that don't work...

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Hmmm, do I want to give guys in the business of hacking cards my credit card info?

I HATE gift cards. Such a stupid way to ruin perfectly good cash. "I don't want to put enough thought into selecting you a gift, but I will limit your choices to a store or two..." Thanks for that slight effort...:mad:

And don't even get me started on how much money is wasted on un-redeemed cards and little leftover balances and cards that don't work...
I would use a prepaid card. I would NEVER take a chance giving my CC to people like that.