It's Official - Steve Addington to lead #2 team

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Good luck with that. :heat:

Steve Addington will head up the #2 Miller Lite Dodge team beginning in 2010. The 45-year-old Addington, who was crew chief for 12 NASCAR Cup Series victories over the last two seasons, will team up with driver Kurt Busch and the Miller Lite squad that is coming off a strong fourth-place finish in the 2009 series championship standings. "Steve Addington has a proven track record of success in NASCAR and we are excited to welcome him to Penske Racing," said Roger Penske. "By adding Steve to the winning Miller Lite team and working closely with Kurt, we believe we have the combination in place to compete for a championship as we head into the 2010 season."

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I wonder if Steve was desperate or what. With times being so tough a person will take positions they don't want.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Maybe.. Roger made the right choice by snagging him for sure but I am not sure Steve going from one Busch brother to another is any good for him.. Specially when it is Kurt. Hope he didn't sign a long term contract.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Kurt will now dominate the season in terms of wins, then fall off the wagon come chase time... It's an improvement I suppose

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Maybe Steve wants to beat Kyle with Kurt! :p

I personally could not work with Kurt, or anybody, that talked back like that. I would go back at 'em and be fired the same day! :cool:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Maybe.. Roger made the right choice by snagging him for sure but I am not sure Steve going from one Busch brother to another is any good for him.. Specially when it is Kurt. Hope he didn't sign a long term contract.

I agree 100%. I don't know how any crew or crew chief could make it through a race with Kurt. He can drive but simply put, he's an a$$hole on the radio. I'd have to imagine he's the same behind the closed doors of the shop/garage too. I really hope that it works out for Steve Addington somehow. All I can say is that it had to be the money.

jC...

Oct 14, 2008
Steve Addington is the most over rated crew chief ever. With Bobby Labonte and JJ Yeley he did NOTHING. Kyle Busch was winning races before him, and turned him into a non-chaser. OVER RATED!

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Well Bobby was on the big decline, and JJ Yeley is pure garbage so its hard for me to compare Steve then to Steve now.

But Kyle Busch won 4 career races before joining the 18 team. Then he won 12 in 2 years with the 18 team. Id say they both made each other over there.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Steve Addington is the most over rated crew chief ever. With Bobby Labonte and JJ Yeley he did NOTHING. Kyle Busch was winning races before him, and turned him into a non-chaser. OVER RATED!

No, that's Kyle's fault he doesn't do anything in the chase. He uses it all up from March to September, then he's drained. Granted, had Addington done the Chad Knaus and taken it slow and steady till Chase time, but Kyle's a lot less patient that Jimmie Johnson.

Reactions: down4six

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Well Bobby was on the big decline, and JJ Yeley is pure garbage so its hard for me to compare Steve then to Steve now.

But Kyle Busch won 4 career races before joining the 18 team. Then he won 12 in 2 years with the 18 team. Id say they both made each other over there.

I completely agree with you 100%.