Its funny...

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Snoozer, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Snoozer

Snoozer New Member

I was going to come in here and post this morning a joke about how long it would be until they start playing repeats of "This day in Howard history" Since they're off every Thursday now I was thinking it wouldn't be long. ANd the today when I turn on the radio they're not even playing 'This week in Howard History' They're repeating a show from three days ago. :rofl:

They need original programming when Howard's off. Its not going to happen but they need it. I'm sure Tim is going to get right on that. :p

At least they replay Jasson Ellis in the morning on Stars Too in the morning.

2. Similar Threads: funny
    Forum Title Date
    Howard Stern Crossing the line from funny to unfunny with Hanzi Mar 17, 2014
    Howard Stern 7/17/13 show! Very Funny! Jul 23, 2013
    Howard Stern So benji writes lines for howard, yet howard hasn't said anything funny in months.... Jun 30, 2011
    Howard Stern Larry King was Funny Mar 17, 2011
    Howard Stern Something funny (imho) from 08/19/10 Jan 21, 2011

3. Biaviian

Biaviian New Member

Well, that answers that question (live or not). I came to this site just so I could find out before I tune in at 9.
  4. robhurlburt

robhurlburt New Member

i tuned in and had no idea what was going on. so lazy
  5. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Let Artie come in when Howard is off... I have my doubts about Artie on his own but it is better than doing Howard repeats from two days ago... Let Artie have a sidekick.. or be someone else's sidekick... Maybe Artie and Fred...
  6. voliconjoe

voliconjoe New Member

TURN TO 101!!! The best shows are on! (or they were earlier)
  7. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

I'm sure tim's working on it as we speak. hell we got abe kanan. be happy for that. meanwhile.....scott the engineer is lazy :whistle:
  8. Snoozer

Snoozer New Member

Now they're playing Tuesday's show. I guess they're just going to repeat the week on Thursdays now?
    Great job there Tim. ;)
  9. The Butler

The Butler Well-Known Member

15 hours of programming a week is hardly enough for the flagship station of Sirius. Tim needs to quit worrying what Scott is doing and add some content to the channels.
  10. Chob

Chob New Member

Clearly the answer is more Abe Kanan replays.
  11. Chrissyb

Chrissyb New Member

I missed Monday's show, so I was happy to hear it.. man, Lady Gaga was great, never saw that coming.
  12. RDog

RDog New Member

They will never fix the channels, because they don't believe there is anything wrong with them. I understand that now, I didn't before.
  13. jl1718

jl1718 Member

Howie mentioned he's just taking time off let the networks do during the summer rerun season. Maybe someone should tell him that no one watches network TV anymore. They got fat and bloated and useless. Kinda like Hampton Howie 100 and 101.

I thought the networks stopped relying heavily on reruns during the summer?

Howie just retire already.
  14. RDog

RDog New Member

It is rare to find reruns during the summer, gone are the days where a whole season would start in the fall, and then replay from the start when the season ended. Nowadays you find reality TV programming instead of reruns, and for good reason: it's cheap to produce and usually will do better numbers than a rerun (it depends).

Howard always has an excuse ready - I don't know that in 20-25 years of listening to him, if he has ever admitted screwing up or not doing something correctly as it pertains to the show or channels.
  15. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I was listening to that computer tantrum he had this week. He said he lost email he had sent with ideas for the show. Wonder what ideas he sent..maybe ."Let's do another hour on my photographs of Beth" "See if Beth's friend Katie has written any more cookbooks" "How about a long bit where I show how stupid Sal is by getting him to misspell or mispronounce something" "Let's do another one of Shuli's Scott the Engineer pranks..." "I don't want anyone to mention my hat again. Criticizing my hat is damaging the brand." "Don't take any calls from Artie."
  16. robhurlburt

robhurlburt New Member

haha!
  17. hyson

hyson DB Cooper....maybe...

It's almost just as fun to listen to see what kind of train wreck this is turning out to be.

I mean, quality, obviously, has been thrown out the window; let's listen to this circus!

/Bobo, you're on the air.
  18. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Honestly when they come back on Monday and started talking about their vacations and events that had happened when they were away,and Lady Gaga came in, ... all was well..all was forgiven... but then the next day started with shit... and Wednesday ended with a pouting Howard bitching about his money and how they promised to make him a partner (who puts in no money)... and Thursday - despite having just come back from vacation, no Howard... and "best o"f basically being the three days they did... oh man...
  19. RDog

RDog New Member

To paraphrase the Seinfeld (or was it Dennis Miller?) joke, Howard is the guy who offers to help you move and then fake-lifts the sofa when everyone else is carrying it.

I've rarely heard any other host say they send e-mails about show ideas, meetings, etc. but Howard seems to drop these tidbits in all the time. The show is on auto-auto-auto-pilot, there is no way he's really discussing the show at any great length.
  20. HecticArt

HecticArt Moderator / Top Dawg

Fixt it for ya.
  21. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Maybe they could comment on the previous day's Wrap-Up Show, or replay a Richard & Sal Tradio bit for the 15th time this month? Howard USED to call in to the WUS. One time, they even went past noon. Good luck trying to get him to call in now.

And you think it's bad now? Just wait until we get:
    1) Live shows
    2) West coast feed (AKA 3 hour delay of the show)
    3) 4-5 replays throughout the day on Howard 100
    4) Best of the Week
    5) Weekend replays
    6) SiriusXM 2.0, which includes "on demand" downloads.

So not only will we be able to listen to a show probably 12-15 times, depending on the amount of weekend replays, we'll be able to download it to listen whenever we want. It reminds me of when cable TV first went digital, and the PPV movies would air on 6-10 different channels, so they same movie would start every 15-20 minutes. As video on demand started to go big, the number of PPV channels shrunk from something like 40-50 to the 2-4 they have now.

At least the silver lining is that we'll be able to more easily FF through segments we don't want to hear.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011