It's Car BBQ season.....

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Just a friendly reminder that with spring and sunny weather causes receivers in parked cars to overheat and do funky things, most of not want to power up. I have a tendency to leave my SL2 running all day in the truck, and I'm sure cooking it isn't very good for it. Just thought I would send the word out....

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Dood, you had me psyched at grilling season!
I was thinking about burgers, steaks, and salmon.

I suppose radio care is important too.

Thanks for the reminder.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Dood, you had me psyched at grilling season!
I was thinking about burgers, steaks, and salmon.
]

Well, if you want good music at a good BBQ, then you need to keep the satrad up and running. I understand you excitement, I grill once or twice a week, just did a big one last week for our office with about 60 brats, including ones made with venison. very good.:buttrock:

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I was thinking you meant Car-B-Q and thought of my buddy's xB. RIP...

Thanks for the reminder. Luckily I keep my S50 with me during the day when my Box is parked.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Grilling and XM is the best time of the year! I always keep the XM receiver out of suns way during the summer. It at least goes in the glove box while parked for even a little amount of time. I am lucky to have a garage.

slab0meat

Apr 20, 2009
NJ
When possible, if you keep it running/recording in the car during the day, do it without the battery attached (charge the battery at home or whatever).. it doesn't get as hot and shutdown or cause as many problems. I record some of Stern in the car everyday, while at work, and listen when it's over. With both the SL100 and SL2, recording it without the battery hasn't caused me any problems.