It is a sad day for me, 92.3 playing Lady Gaga is depressing........

J3ff

Oct 13, 2008
:mad::mad::mad:

Man, I remember the days out on the boat, turning on KRock to hear the perfect song, for drinking beers on an island with some hot girls in bikinis........those days apparently are long gone.

Forget all the Stern Vs. XXX stuff. I am deeply saddened that today I turned on Krock and it sounded like Z100!! I almost couldn't believe it. :bigcry:

If they would have just kept booker in the afternoons, and some good rock/pop music it would have been fine!

God damnit TOM WHY DO YOU SUCK SO MUCH!!

:(:(:(:(

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I don't think that Cheapasauno has worked at the station in a little while.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
K-Rock, the radio station, died many years ago. If not for Stern, their rock format would not have made it out of the 90s. NY has generally been unkind to rock stations. It's more of a pop/rhythm sort of town. From a demographics standpoint, the new format on 92.3 is the right move. Z-100 and KTU (both Clear Channel) have had pop to themselves for years. It's surprising it has taken so long for CBS (or someone else) to take a shot at their share.

It will be interesting to see how NOW 92.3 does.

J3ff

Oct 13, 2008
I am switching between Fm and my MP3 player in my new 1000 dollar beater, cuz I can't afford to have another sirius player in a truck I only use a few hours a week

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
. NY has generally been unkind to rock stations. It's more of a pop/rhythm sort of town.

Why is that? I've never understood why the number 1 market in the country can't support a rock station. I can tune to 4 or more rock stations here and all are probably in the top third in the ratings in their particular market.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Why is that? I've never understood why the number 1 market in the country can't support a rock station. I can tune to 4 or more rock stations here and all are probably in the top third in the ratings in their particular market.

I think it has a lot to do with the demographics.

If you go out in to the NY suburbs, there are smaller, regional rock stations that do somewhat better. Although an Alt Rock station down in NJ just flipped to CHR...