Is Tradin Paint going away?

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
I may have misunderstood the replay in the wee hours of the morning, but I thought I heard them say something about Tradin Paint being cancelled on Moody's show.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
Yesterday I listened to mostly FOX to hear the Inauguration, but I did switch over to Moody once and they were talking about that. From what I understood it was the SPEED show called Trading Paint with Kyle Petty that was being cancelled. But I could have heard wrong too.

EM....You're admiting to listening to Moody again. So your picking on me days are over LOL..........:Smiley_wink:

Crossroads

Oct 31, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah, I Believe The Godfather Said Speed's "Trading Paint" Will Be Going Away To Make Room For A Nascar Themed "Game/Quiz Show"; Said To Be Manned By The Hosts Of Trading Paint

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Heck, I still think that they should bring 'Pit Bull' back! It seems like every show that I like, they cancel. Maybe that should be telling me something. :confused:

Last edited:

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Yeah, I Believe The Godfather Said Speed's "Trading Paint" Will Be Going Away To Make Room For A Nascar Themed "Game/Quiz Show"; Said To Be Manned By The Hosts Of Trading Paint

Just what we need, another awful show like Pass Time. Is it not blantly obvious that they are just throwing something together to get more out of the track time since they are already there for Pinks?

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
Speed cancels any show that challenges anything NASCAR does. I believe and David poole has intimated that NASCAR pressures speed about things like that turning speed channel into one big nascar love fest

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
I liked Trading Paint and enjoyed hearing Kyle and a media member's opinion on NASCAR issues. I'd rather watch that then NASCAR Performance.

Dave Moody

Oct 14, 2008
Barre, VT
www.sirius-speedway.com
I believe and David poole has intimated that NASCAR pressures speed about things like that turning speed channel into one big nascar love fest

I have never heard David say that. But if NASCAR was angry enough at him and his colleagues to pressure SPEED into cancelling "Pit Bull," how could he have gone on to be a host on Sirius NASCAR Radio? That seems to be an odd way to censor someone.

I have been on SNR since before it was SNR, and I can tell you that I have never -- not once -- been told by NASCAR what I could (or could not) say. Ramsey Poston, Jim Hunter and company certainly make sure that I understand their side of certain issues, but all they have ever asked of me is to be fair, and to present all sides of the argument.

Anyone who has ever heard my take on NASCAR's Top-35 system -- and who around here hasn't by now -- must know that NASCAR doesn't censure people who disagree with them. If they did, I would have been gone a loooong time ago.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I just don't get what Speed was thinking. It must not have been getting good rating??
Because to me, I'd MUCH rather see a show with debate and opinions about NASCAR rather than some NASCAR themed game show.
To me it's a bad decision. Of course I don't work in the TV industry.

Les2

Oct 26, 2008
Didn't Nascar spank Tony Stewart for saying something about them on his show?

Dave Moody

Oct 14, 2008
Barre, VT
www.sirius-speedway.com
Didn't Nascar spank Tony Stewart for saying something about them on his show?

Other than swearing on TV or radio (which is an FCC issue), NASCAR has never fined or sanctioned a driver for criticizing the sanctioning body. And as far as SPEED is concerned, their race coverage is top notch, but minimal. Most of what they're doing now is reality programming. Apparently, we're in for some kind of NASCAR-themed game show, ala "PassTime."

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Not sure about anyone else, but I just can't get into PassTime or Pinks......

Pinks is pretty cool at times, but that "Pass Time" is a complete joke! Who makes these decisions and what the hell planet are they from?:bigahh:
Why cant they just focus on racing of all kinds? Personally, I would like to see more dirt coverage, although they are showing more now than before, it still isnt enough. American TV is going down the crapper faster than Sadler got his ride back! :scared:

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
The only Pinks show I watched was the one when they were out here at Bandimere Speedway. Rich is hot with his bald head and all :) LOL

Years ago when SPEED was on basic cable (and you didn't have to pay extra for it, because it was basic) I thought they showed a lot of World of Outlaw races, but I could be wrong.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
The only Pinks show I watched was the one when they were out here at Bandimere Speedway. Rich is hot with his bald head and all :) LOL

Years ago when SPEED was on basic cable (and you didn't have to pay extra for it, because it was basic) I thought they showed a lot of World of Outlaw races, but I could be wrong.

I'd love to see some outlaw races on speed.