Is Tradin Paint going away?

Discussion in 'NASCAR' started by Easy Money, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

I may have misunderstood the replay in the wee hours of the morning, but I thought I heard them say something about Tradin Paint being cancelled on Moody's show.

2. antsie

antsie Well-Known Member

Yesterday I listened to mostly FOX to hear the Inauguration, but I did switch over to Moody once and they were talking about that. From what I understood it was the SPEED show called Trading Paint with Kyle Petty that was being cancelled. But I could have heard wrong too.

EM....You're admiting to listening to Moody again. So your picking on me days are over LOL..........:Smiley_wink:

3. Crossroads

Crossroads New Member

Yeah, I Believe The Godfather Said Speed's "Trading Paint" Will Be Going Away To Make Room For A Nascar Themed "Game/Quiz Show"; Said To Be Manned By The Hosts Of Trading Paint

4. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

That sucks. I enjoyed trading paint.:confused:

5. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Well-Known Member

Heck, I still think that they should bring 'Pit Bull' back! It seems like every show that I like, they cancel. Maybe that should be telling me something. :confused:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  6. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

Just what we need, another awful show like Pass Time. Is it not blantly obvious that they are just throwing something together to get more out of the track time since they are already there for Pinks?

7. SubmarineMike

SubmarineMike Member

Speed cancels any show that challenges anything NASCAR does. I believe and David poole has intimated that NASCAR pressures speed about things like that turning speed channel into one big nascar love fest

8. antsie

antsie Well-Known Member

I liked Trading Paint and enjoyed hearing Kyle and a media member's opinion on NASCAR issues. I'd rather watch that then NASCAR Performance.

9. Dave Moody

Dave Moody Member

I have never heard David say that. But if NASCAR was angry enough at him and his colleagues to pressure SPEED into cancelling "Pit Bull," how could he have gone on to be a host on Sirius NASCAR Radio? That seems to be an odd way to censor someone.

I have been on SNR since before it was SNR, and I can tell you that I have never -- not once -- been told by NASCAR what I could (or could not) say. Ramsey Poston, Jim Hunter and company certainly make sure that I understand their side of certain issues, but all they have ever asked of me is to be fair, and to present all sides of the argument.

Anyone who has ever heard my take on NASCAR's Top-35 system -- and who around here hasn't by now -- must know that NASCAR doesn't censure people who disagree with them. If they did, I would have been gone a loooong time ago.

10. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

It would not be good for nascar to influence any of the hosts, it would ruin the shows credability if it got out.

11. Snoozer

I just don't get what Speed was thinking. It must not have been getting good rating??
    Because to me, I'd MUCH rather see a show with debate and opinions about NASCAR rather than some NASCAR themed game show.
    To me it's a bad decision. Of course I don't work in the TV industry.

12. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

I wish you did, maybe you could put real music back on MUSIC TELEVISION and COUNTRY MUSIC TELEVISION!:buttrock: Its sad that they cant put all that crap on another channel and still have real music channels.:bigahh:

13. Les2

Les2 Member

Didn't Nascar spank Tony Stewart for saying something about them on his show?

14. Dave Moody

Dave Moody Member

Other than swearing on TV or radio (which is an FCC issue), NASCAR has never fined or sanctioned a driver for criticizing the sanctioning body. And as far as SPEED is concerned, their race coverage is top notch, but minimal. Most of what they're doing now is reality programming. Apparently, we're in for some kind of NASCAR-themed game show, ala "PassTime."

15. antsie

antsie Well-Known Member

Not sure about anyone else, but I just can't get into PassTime or Pinks......

16. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

Pinks is pretty cool at times, but that "Pass Time" is a complete joke! Who makes these decisions and what the hell planet are they from?:bigahh:
    Why cant they just focus on racing of all kinds? Personally, I would like to see more dirt coverage, although they are showing more now than before, it still isnt enough. American TV is going down the crapper faster than Sadler got his ride back! :scared:

17. antsie

antsie Well-Known Member

The only Pinks show I watched was the one when they were out here at Bandimere Speedway. Rich is hot with his bald head and all :) LOL

Years ago when SPEED was on basic cable (and you didn't have to pay extra for it, because it was basic) I thought they showed a lot of World of Outlaw races, but I could be wrong.

18. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

Probably did, it seems that TV is the only thing that actually WAS better back in the day.

19. Snoozer

I'd love to see some outlaw races on speed.

20. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

They show some from time to time, you just have to be on the lookout. Might set your dvr and be surprised whats on at times.