Is there any reason to purchase radios anywhere else than TSS Radio? I think not

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Well, my stiletto bit the dust and I was no longer under warranty. TSS Radio had the XMP3 + home dock + car dock for $179, and a $80 mail in rebate, making it $99 :egypt: . That was the lowest I have found it.

We all know sirius/xm is bringin in royalty fees on July29th or so. I knew the radio wasn't going to be at my house by then, so I called TSS Radio and asked them if they could give me the serial number to activate the radio before the fees are on. No questions asked, the representative walked out to shipping and personally got the serial number for me and made sure I will be receiving that radio. Now I can activate the radio before I get dinged with the new fees. How pimp!

Thanks TSS Radio! :churn:

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
We have our policy, then we have our inside policy which is if it's reasonable we will consider it. I HATE when policies are written in stone. Doesn't account for common sense and generosity.

I have a policy about not having policies.

TSS-Radio is the place to do your Sirius XM shopping and I notice you sell iPod/iPhone accessories too or soon will.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
TSS-Radio is the place to do your Sirius XM shopping and I notice you sell iPod/iPhone accessories too or soon will.

Agreed. You think any of the big box stores would have gone out and given me the radio code? Nope. Thanks again guys! Just got it activated with the special XM promotion $77 per year. Added the best of sirius to the package, total was $81 for the year! I am glad I did not get sirius, that is HALF of the price of a sirius year.

Total:
$99 for XMP3
$81 for year subscription
=$180 or so

I can't even get a SL2 for that price, let alone a SL2 and years subscription. Brilliant! :eek:

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Agreed. You think any of the big box stores would have gone out and given me the radio code? Nope. Thanks again guys! Just got it activated with the special XM promotion $77 per year. Added the best of sirius to the package, total was $81 for the year! I am glad I did not get sirius, that is HALF of the price of a sirius year.

Total:
$99 for XMP3
$81 for year subscription
=$180 or so

I can't even get a SL2 for that price, let alone a SL2 and years subscription. Brilliant! :eek:

How the hell did you get $81 + $77 for the year?? I would think about reactivating an XMP3 for that price.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I've purchased ALL my Sirius hardware through TSS and will continue to. Heck, I even had a personal tour of the warehouse!

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
How the hell did you get $81 + $77 for the year?? I would think about reactivating an XMP3 for that price.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/xmradio.com

Call the first 1-800 number on there, ask for the $77 per year promotion to start a new radio subscription, and then ask to add best of sirius. Somehow best of sirius only costs $2.99 more per year or so.

The only thing you need to look out for is they will automatically bill you at the end of the year for another year if you don't cancel. i plan on canceling, and seeing if I can get the same promotion after a year.

You can't beat it.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/xmradio.com

Call the first 1-800 number on there, ask for the $77 per year promotion to start a new radio subscription, and then ask to add best of sirius. Somehow best of sirius only costs $2.99 more per year or so.

The only thing you need to look out for is they will automatically bill you at the end of the year for another year if you don't cancel. i plan on canceling, and seeing if I can get the same promotion after a year.

You can't beat it.

I just sent Hyson my XMP3. I might check for some deals for my S2.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
From what I understand, if you're on a lifetime sub, you should buy the radio from "Best Buy" on an extended warranty (my understanding is that SIRIUS will honor the extended warranty and that it will not count against you as a "radio swap").

For everything else though, there's only one place to shop...

:hw: