Is the app crashing a lot for anyone else?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I ran it till about 6:00 without a problem. If the reinstall doesn't work, it may be a weak signal thing like you suspected. Some apps don't like being loaded on the sd card either.

Last edited:

bentstrider

Dec 6, 2008
I ran it till about 6:00 without a problem. If the reinstall doesn't work, it may be a weak signal thing like you suspected. Some apps don't like being loaded on the cd card either.

The dubstep, trap, and house stations keep me rolling on the 7 hour trip.
Electric Area and BPM don't really do it for me.
It's sort of like they get "tranced out" on those dials.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yeah, area and bpm blur together for me these days. That's a big part of what I miss from the old Boombox station. Oh well. Let us know how the app levels out for you.

bentstrider

Dec 6, 2008
Yeah, area and bpm blur together for me these days. That's a big part of what I miss from the old Boombox station. Oh well. Let us know how the app levels out for you.

If Boombox still existed, that's probably where they would play a lot of trap and dubstep as well.
Six years since its demise and TPTB are firmly sticking to their guns.
I don't even think DJ Icey is part of anything there any more.

But I'll see how the setups work.

bentstrider

Dec 6, 2008
So I upgraded to the $4 package and the thing still shuts down automatically on me after about 20-30 minutes.
My Sirius app on the other hand still stays on for however long I let it.

Stumped...

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Not too sure Ben.
I think I jinxed myself, mine hasn't been running very smoothly for the last week and a half or so. It's locking up some, and occasionally shutting down. I haven't had a chance to tinker with it though to see if I can sort it out.

bentstrider

Dec 6, 2008
Not too sure Ben.
I think I jinxed myself, mine hasn't been running very smoothly for the last week and a half or so. It's locking up some, and occasionally shutting down. I haven't had a chance to tinker with it though to see if I can sort it out.

I rolled back the driver as well to see if that would make a difference and while it played a little while longer, still no dice.
Some people say switch over to Pandora, but that too has been plagued by the same problem.

I'm going to tinker with my phone and see if there's some sort of "program killer" that's shutting these things down.

Go in there and kill it.

bentstrider

Dec 6, 2008
Well, nothing seems to be working on the phone I've had for over a year now(T-Mobile, Galaxy Exhibit II).

I'm pretty much open to any phone, new or slightly older(1-2 years old I could probably find at a pawn shop or refurbished from T-Mobile themselves) that can play the app without automatically shutting down.