Is sober Artie still funny?

TurfToeTony

Oct 18, 2008
His fucked up, loser views on things, worked when he was clearly a loser himself. Now that he's 'cleaning up his act,' this shtick no longer seems funny. He is a quicker wit on a lot of things. But, overall, he no longer has an excuse for being a dick, other than he's just a fucking dick.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
He is, in fact, still funny. It's just a different kind of funny.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
I do think he's been more of a dick lately, which can be funny sometimes and other times just gets on my nerves. His arguing with Greg Fitzsimmons during the news about torture annoyed me today.

Reactions: Bark

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I like 'sober' artie. He is much more quick witted and alive, and I think he contributes more effectively, makes more sense. He can still be annoying, but it's all part of fun.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
He's the guy that if you were in a group, you'd want to punch his lights out pretty quickly.

Reactions: jamesp717

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
He does seem more energetic since transferring his addiction of heroin to his temporary addiction to "cleaning out" and dropping weight.

Has anyone else noticed that he crowbars the word "heroin" into almost every conversation or comment he makes? LOL

It's on his mind constantly, and I believe he will go back to it without getting the proper treatment. Helicopter Mike, and loser ex-cops are no substitute for real rehab.

sodomite

Banned
Apr 28, 2009
He does seem more energetic since transferring his addiction of heroin to his temporary addiction to "cleaning out" and dropping weight.

Has anyone else noticed that he crowbars the word "heroin" into almost every conversation or comment he makes? LOL

It's on his mind constantly, and I believe he will go back to it without getting the proper treatment. Helicopter Mike, and loser ex-cops are no substitute for real rehab.
How dare you.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!

Yeah, I it wouldn't surpise me if he crashed and burned at some point in the next couple months. I hope he doesn't though.
And I prefer Artie sober. He's funny, I'm sure he'll calm down once he finds his groove.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I think Artie has been great since cleaning up. So energetic and quick witted.

The whole PITCH scandal has shown ARtie being great. And i thought Artie was hilarious with Ron Howard----when he said "...and then Val Kilmer worked on a deck at Ron Howard's House" I almost lost it.

Artie is hilarious sober and will continue to be.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
Yeah, I it wouldn't surpise me if he crashed and burned at some point in the next couple months. I hope he doesn't though.
And I prefer Artie sober. He's funny, I'm sure he'll calm down once he finds his groove.

I hope you're right. Maybe his therapist will give him a gameplan to survive once all of his "people" are no longer with him 24/7.

Whether you like him on the show or not, Artie seems like a decent guy. For his sake, I hope he beats the odds and straightens up - for good.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I don't know how decent Artie is. He kind of reminds me of the character of Walt on "Breaking Bad". You think he's nice, and then he does . . . something. Then, you think he's a cold-hearted son of a bitch. Then, he does something nice again.

Reactions: jamesp717

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I don't know how decent Artie is. He kind of reminds me of the character of Walt on "Breaking Bad". You think he's nice, and then he does . . . something. Then, you think he's a cold-hearted son of a bitch. Then, he does something nice again.

Breaking Bad is the best written show on TV. As a matter of fact, it's probably the best show on tv.

Reactions: Bark

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
Breaking Bad is the best written show on TV. As a matter of fact, it's probably the best show on tv.

I couldn't agree more. What a bonehead move HBO made when they passed on the show. I think the fact that its on AMC has kept it from being as popular as it deserves to be, but it's so good I'm sure it will become more popular sooner than later.

TurfToeTony

Oct 18, 2008
I prefer Artie sober. He's funny, I'm sure he'll calm down once he finds his groove.

Artie is definitely funny. His comedic timing, the quickness of his comebacks, is amazing. But his shit does occasionally stink. If he ever gets that, he'll have it down.