Is Siriusxm Worth Subscribing Again?

Is SiriusXM worth subscribing again?

• Total voters

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Renewed my car subscription with a few twists and turns in the road. The original sub expired on 4/25, but Sirius mention they would extend service til the end of May because of the virus. On 6/2 I started my vehicle, received a channel update and it tried to renew my sub. Four days later it cut off and my online statement credited it"s self but left a 25.10 charge. Tried the chat mode and go no progress.

Then I click on the unresolved button on the Listener Care page. Ann called back twice from the Corporate Customer Relations Team and wiped the unauthorized charges, set me up with an e-bill which allowed me to click on the prepaid card option to renew for 29.99 (plus seven odd bucks for music royalty fees) for six months.

She also mentioned that an annual sub can be auto billed, but a six month sub CANNOT.

I explained my premature auto re-billing episode of the past and they were willing to do what it took to get me renewed so I'm happy with Select for 6/29.99 instead of 12/99.99 which beats the pants off of 174.79 for 12 months even though it's my second radio.

Reactions: HecticArt

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Nice. Glad that it worked out.
I'm glad Mrs. Vols has her Satrad options available again. The sub renewal negotiating dance is always an eventful process. The key for me is talking to a weekday voice outside of retention (cancellation, customer care and in my latest case a person from the CCRT) heard me out and provided me an opportunity to subscribe at less than retail price.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Happy 4th y'all. So after late lunch with the folks, who previously had sirius in their used kia, showed me a deal they received. 5 bucks a month for 12 months, with an echo dot on the select package. I set them up and showed them how to use the app. What a deal!!! What deal will I get after my 5 bucks for 6 months at 5 bucks? Probably nothin.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Happy 4th y'all. So after late lunch with the folks, who previously had sirius in their used kia, showed me a deal they received. 5 bucks a month for 12 months, with an echo dot on the select package. I set them up and showed them how to use the app. What a deal!!! What deal will I get after my 5 bucks for 6 months at 5 bucks? Probably nothin.

Let the sub expire for a few months and they'll email or send you a letter with an offer. I call Listener Care Mon-Fr- 9-5 and say that I listen to my car radio a few times a week and a 6/30 or 12/99 is the only thing that makes sense and let them make an on the spot decision to turn down revenue.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Right, such timing. My 6 monther is over on the second, so I got on it early. Didn't have to cry, they gave me another 6 months for 30. I also swapped a radio, an Inno to the Helix. No issues, very good chat bot human. I'm surprised I didn't even have to ask. I said 'my deal ends next week, what's next?' Boom. they thought my sub was in a car, I told em my old ass 2006 era radio still slams. The funnest thing about restarting the radio is the old xm logos show up before the population ends. Miss 'Ethel' and 'Southeast news and talk' (the joint) it's great.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Re-added it in the car since I'll be making a commute starting this week (45 minutes one-way) at 12/$99 plus royalty fees which for some unknown reason they make the subscriber pay. Same rate as my Apple Music subscription (minus the royalties of course!). Between those, Podcasts and Audiobooks I really won't be at a loss for anything to listen to. And since HomePod will have third party services added after the update I can only imagine the ability to listen to Sirius and actually bring up stations by Siri will be close behind.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Re-added it in the car since I'll be making a commute starting this week (45 minutes one-way) at 12/$99 plus royalty fees which for some unknown reason they make the subscriber pay. Same rate as my Apple Music subscription (minus the royalties of course!). Between those, Podcasts and Audiobooks I really won't be at a loss for anything to listen to. And since HomePod will have third party services added after the update I can only imagine the ability to listen to Sirius and actually bring up stations by Siri will be close behind.

As said, we'd still have to pay these fees. It's just a way of putting them on a different line on the bill vs raising the overall price...and since some packages don't include music, it doesn't make sense for them to pay the fees.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Forgot to mention, I called at the end of August before my 6 month 5 bucks deal was over and asked "so what now?' they said we can offer you another 6 months at the 5 bucks. Wow! I didn't have to cry at all. Then I said after that? Then I would have to pay for the full select package price. Not too bad. I swapped one radio for another. The girl didn't seem to understand that it wasn't a car I was replacing.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Has anyone else noticed outages over the last couple days? Turned on the car on the way to Work Friday and again today, and there was no sound, period. Carplay and FM/AM worked fine. Shut off the engine and unplugged the phone and it was back.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
It's seemed find for me aside from known dead spots. Usually issue is with receiver. You may have a lose wire or a funky chip.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
It's seemed find for me aside from known dead spots. Usually issue is with receiver. You may have a lose wire or a funky chip.
I'm beginning to think it's something like that because I had some body work done and they disconnected/cut the wire on my rear dash camera. Although I don't see where the factory satellite radio comes into play with the hard wiring to the rear, but I'll have Best Buy or someone like that look at it.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
The wife didn't mention anything but we didn't go out much because of the fire disaster here. I did notice some dead spots on the app.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Did the phone dance today and got the usual 29.94 plus royalty fess for six months. I could have done a 12 month for sixty bucks but listener care said I needed to fork over CC info which is a no go.

The standard procedure has been the loading of a Best Buy digital prepaid card to my SXM account, trying to purchase a sub online til CC info comes up and calling listener care to state exactly what I want and let them figure out I'm not in the mood for anything else. They see my payment history and wise up quick enough to satisfy my demands and move on to up sell a new subscriber and get the valued CC info for auto renewals.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Ya, they should charge zero for 15 years of use. On another matter, I have a 6 month deal ending early next year on a plug and play select package. I pay for grandmas mostly music, and now I have a car on a 3 month all access that ends early February. I don't need it in the car but I find it nice to have despite not driving much anymore. I use the wife's all access on my phone. I don't know what to do. It's too much money!!