Is SiriusXM worth subscribing again?

• Total voters

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
[QUOTE="
You didn't get injured, did you?
Was it the other person's fault?[/QUOTE]

Not seriously, No.
Definitely, She swerved into my lane in a roundabout.

And I'll get the car back Monday.

Reactions: HecticArt

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I've been a subscriber since 2004.
I've always paid for the All Channels deal.

Recently I was thinking why not go for the middle deal, less channels, but still have most of the music ones.

It's worked out. Saving $5 a month or so, and I haven't noticed a difference.

I still enjoy the service.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I've been a subscriber since 2004.
I've always paid for the All Channels deal.

Recently I was thinking why not go for the middle deal, less channels, but still have most of the music ones.

It's worked out. Saving $5 a month or so, and I haven't noticed a difference.

I still enjoy the service.
They're an underhanded company (as most are). My daughter had a basic satellite package for like $13/mo. She got music, news, and some of the comedy channels. When it renewed, it went up to $18/mo, but they recommended the "mostly music" package for $13, just like before. She went with that, but it's got no comedy channels, just music, news, and religion.

They've also been pushing this listen "outside the car" crap. It's their misleading term for streaming. They say their service is improved, because now, listening outside the car is included. Wonderful. Here's what they really did. They got rid of the satellite-only option on the all-channels service. Big improvement, right?

I listen to Sirius in my car by streaming on my phone. But wait, that's what they call "outside the car". I'm so confused.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Hey-yo! The Johnny Carson Channel (105) will run throughout October. It features classic episodes of The Tonight Show, which Carson began hosting October 1, 1962, and reminiscences of more than 50 comedians who have appeared on the show. But much of The Tonight Show is visual. Hearing it without being able to see it is pretty much pointless. Ed Ames' infamous tomahawk throw, for example.

1570139300834.png

Reactions: semipenguin

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Hey-yo! The Johnny Carson Channel (105) will run throughout October. It features classic episodes of The Tonight Show, which Carson began hosting October 1, 1962, and reminiscences of more than 50 comedians who have appeared on the show. But much of The Tonight Show is visual. Hearing it without being able to see it is pretty much pointless. Ed Ames' infamous tomahawk throw, for example.

View attachment 5691
They do have CNN, MSNBC and Fox News audio only, which leaves a lot out when they show video, but is nice when you're on the go. I don't see any difference here, although it would lose quite a lot.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Then next week Howard Stern will be doing his show from the new SiriusXM Holllywood Studios. The move to Hollywood could be a good one for SiriusXM. They will have access to all the popular Stars.

I also still like the Coffeehouse Ch14 this time of the year. I'm excited to hear there is a Coffeehouse tour in October and it's coming to Madison on Oct 23. Josh Raudin, the Weepies and Lily Kershaw. I'm trying to get tickets and see if my sweetie will want to go.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I tried listening to the Johnny Carson Channel this weekend. I didn't really care for listening to whole episodes. It's rather listen to good segments.

IndustrialH

"Not dead... just resting"
They're an underhanded company (as most are). My daughter had a basic satellite package for like $13/mo. She got music, news, and some of the comedy channels. When it renewed, it went up to $18/mo, but they recommended the "mostly music" package for $13, just like before. She went with that, but it's got no comedy channels, just music, news, and religion.

They've also been pushing this listen "outside the car" crap. It's their misleading term for streaming. They say their service is improved, because now, listening outside the car is included. Wonderful. Here's what they really did. They got rid of the satellite-only option on the all-channels service. Big improvement, right?

I listen to Sirius in my car by streaming on my phone. But wait, that's what they call "outside the car". I'm so confused.
I had my daughters car radio (a Sirius unit) on a six month promo package - which expired last month. I called in and asked if I could get the $4.99 deal for a year. I was told they have a Select Lite package which does not include streaming - so it works out to $6.06 per month, way better that the approx. $13 it would normally be. Did not have to haggle, just asked nicely and was told no problems. It good for 12 months.

As for listening outside the car, we have been doing that for years - data and internet free - with the eclectic collection of boomboxes that have accumulated. Some requiring a decent clean and removal of dust, grime and drywall vinyl paint - it keeps me off the streets at night. .... and no being minutes behind listen to sport. :)

Reactions: semipenguin

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
As for listening outside the car, we have been doing that for years - data and internet free - with the eclectic collection of boomboxes that have accumulated. Some requiring a decent clean and removal of dust, grime and drywall vinyl paint - it keeps me off the streets at night. .... and no being minutes behind listen to sport. :)
I employ my old cell phones as media hubs. I disable every app, put them in airplane mode, and just use the wifi to stream SXM. I've done this with 3 of my old phones. Right now, I have one bluetooth-linked to my home theater receiver, the other to my indoor/outdoor speakers.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
You just invented the Zune!
You'll be rich!
I have an old coworker friend (my age, but long-time friend) who, until last year, walked around with an iPod Touch in his shirt pocket, not an iPhone. When we'd meet for a beer, he'd announce his arrival by emailing me via the restaurant's WiFi. I work with a lot of strange people.