Is Sirius trying to merge Hits 1 & Top 20 on 20?

macfanatic010

Nov 8, 2008
I am a member of Sirius Hits 1's Wutchuwant crew -- basically the name of Hits 1's listener survey group. Every once in a while, I'll receive an e-mail from Sirius asking what I think about the programming on Hits 1 and sometimes they include hypothetical questions about what might change about Hits 1 down the road.

Today, I got a survey & one of those hypotheticals happened to be this:
605ea0dc.jpg

I might be reading too much into their question, but it looks like Sirius is trying to genericize Hits 1 so that the 1 isn't in the name. Could it be so that they could port it over to XM without it having to be on channel 1?

siriusnj

Oct 29, 2008
I am a member of Sirius Hits 1's Wutchuwant crew -- basically the name of Hits 1's listener survey group. Every once in a while, I'll receive an e-mail from Sirius asking what I think about the programming on Hits 1 and sometimes they include hypothetical questions about what might change about Hits 1 down the road.

Today, I got a survey & one of those hypotheticals happened to be this:
605ea0dc.jpg

I might be reading too much into their question, but it looks like Sirius is trying to genericize Hits 1 so that the 1 isn't in the name. Could it be so that they could port it over to XM without it having to be on channel 1?

I got that too. Z-Hits? That doesn't even make any sense, unless they want to copy the Z-100 name from the pop station here in New York. I agree with DAB - terrible names. Time for a new creative team!

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
"Generation Now" would be the best choice out of all of them, but I don't really care what they do as long as they get rid of that pathetic morning mash-up crew. Those guys are so annoying!

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
Those are some lame names. Just call it Sirius-XM Hits (without the 1) if those are the only names you can come up with. But gun to my head, I'd also go with "Generation Now" from the list.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
"Generation Now" would be the best choice out of all of them, but I don't really care what they do as long as they get rid of that pathetic morning mash-up crew. Those guys are so annoying!

Strange when I use to listen to Sirius in the mornings, I always found them pretty funny and actually made the channel more entertaining. I think Sirius Hits 1 would be pretty drab without morning mash-up. Pleasing everyone is a tough, tough job!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
If they are combining channel numbers, channel 1 is not available as it is XM's preview channel. So it can't remain as Hits 1.

Obviously they are not planning on retaining the 20 on 20 format long term.

bjflynn04

Oct 20, 2008
I liked Generation Now but would also would like Sirius XM Hitlist. I hope they do merge because I like Hits 1 better then 20 on 20.

macfanatic010

Nov 8, 2008
I don't want to bump a month-and-half old thread, but I just got another Hits 1 survey today and this was what I got:
ip71ft.jpg

Aside from the slight header tweak, they're still asking the same question...I'm actually interested to see what's going to happen..

Rumor has it (over here: http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/decades-pop-rock/2397-morning-mashup-coming-xm.html) that The Morning Mashup Show is coming to XM on 1/12/09. Maybe that's when they're doing the name switch?

EDIT: Actually, it's just the morning show, according to this thread on xmfan - http://xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=98756

Last edited:

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Generation Now! works for me; instead of ch 20 I'd like to see the crusty E street radio go away. Moving Sirius ch 1 to ch 10 make sense and doesn't bury it's hits station at the 20 preset. Springsteen could have a night on one of the other comparable stations with out much affair.

Gotta make room for the Strobe and Backspin as well.