Is SFN on drugs?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
renewing howard's contract - SternFanNetwork

They say Howard is going to go back to FM radio.

I ask, are they high?

I do agree with the second post. The best way to get him "on fire" is to create a "Howard" package and give him a share of the profits off that package.

Make it worth listening live. People can't win contests if they're downloading the show.

Yes, their financial situation IS shaky... But why do I have a feeling that the seventh poster is looking at the contract and freaking out? His contract has been paid for several times over.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
There is no way Howard would go back to terrestrial. I certainly hope he wouldn't. He would be miserable.

That would be like Howard getting married again....OH SHIT..................

No, but seriously, I know they woudl pay him a billion dollars but I hope he has the integrity to just not do it.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
There is no way Howard would go back to terrestrial. I certainly hope he wouldn't. He would be miserable.

That would be like Howard getting married again....OH SHIT..................

No, but seriously, I know they woudl pay him a billion dollars but I hope he has the integrity to just not do it.

The way I see it, it's like being in military school, then going to public school. I couldn't blame him for not wanting to go back to military school.

Military school - Uniforms, a lot of "Yes Sir!" and "No Sir!", and strict rules and regulations.
Public school - Wear basically whatever you want, no bossy ex-military commandos in charge, etc.

(Not that I have anything against military school or the military, cause I don't. I was just throwing the example out there for comparison purposes.)

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I've always been surprised that HS doesn't buy a terrestrial station of his own and run the behind the scenes game.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Why we are entertaining ANYTHING they say on SFN as reality makes this site the stupid one.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Yeah, but even if he owned it, he'd still have to deal with the FCC.

Right, I'm still on board with that, but like I said, I'm just surprised he never ventured into that aspect of the radio industry.

I imagine he'd be a half-decent programming manager (or whatever Mel/Tim do). I mean, if he says he such a legend, for me, it'd only be natural to tackle that role head-on (unless he's done this already and I can't remember).

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Right, I'm still on board with that, but like I said, I'm just surprised he never ventured into that aspect of the radio industry.

I imagine he'd be a half-decent programming manager (or whatever Mel/Tim do). I mean, if he says he such a legend, for me, it'd only be natural to tackle that role head-on (unless he's done this already and I can't remember).

That's what I think is going to happen with 100 and 101 once Howard retires. He may retire from being a radio show host, but he's probably not going to disappear into the sunset.

I could EASILY see Howard's channels remaining on the dial with some sort of combination of:

Mastertape Theatre and other "Tapes Productions."
Special Shows (Jackie and Chuck Zito type shows)
Bubba
Ferrall
Jay Thomas
Who the hell else knows? Ellis live or in a best-of situation? I doubt O&A would ever want to go over to Howard's channels, but if they say they're so great, then maybe they could put a "best of" deal on Howard's channels to try to gain more fans.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
No way is he going back to FM. As Robin says "It's not going to happen, it's not going to happen, it's not going to happen"
What he said.

But hey, it gets people talking about the Stern show. It's funny whenever he gets in the news people say he's irrelevant. :jj: If he was irrelevant, people wouldn't be talking about him.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com

He was a program director a long time ago, I think it was WRNW. He hated it.